Ch 3. Pounding

Pei Ying tossed off her heels when she got home, and then plopped down onto her bed.

Her heart was still pounding, her head filled with shining images of Song Nanchuan.

His soft, dark hair. The way his lightly colored lips lifted up. And that teardrop mole that was ingrained into her mind.

Pei Ying gloomily covered her face with her hands. She'd only met him once, so why was she acting like such a fool? Really obsessed with appearances.

While she was reflecting on herself, the phone in her bag started ringing, playing that melodious and soothing violin song.

Pei Ying grabbed her bag and turned it out to find her phone. The name 'Ren Shanshan' was lit up on the screen.

"What is it?" she asked lazily as she answered the phone.

Ren Shanshan seemed to be eating and some of her words were unclear as she asked, "How was your meeting with the director?"

Being reminded of that, Pei Ying let out a sigh. "I'm probably not getting the part."

"Why, did you offend the director again?"

"Of course not. It's CEO Zhu, one of the investors for the series."

From that short sentence, Ren Shanshan could already fill in the blanks as if it were a modern melodrama series. "Oh, did this CEO Zhu try to proposition you, only to have his enthusiasm be met by your cold ass?"

Pei Ying, "..."

Did Ren Shanshan have to be so vulgar with her words?

Before she could say anything, Ren Shanshan started to lecture her again. "But really though, you're an adult. Who are you trying to act so fresh and pure for? And let's face it, your face and body don't really fit the innocent image. If he wanted to feel you up, let him. Just don't go all the way. Endure it a bit and it's over. That's how the industry works."

Pei Ying furrowed her delicate brows. Her voice was sickly when she responded, "I get what you're saying, but everyone has their own bottom line. You think that it's okay to be felt up a bit, but I'm not okay with it. And you didn't see what CEO Zhu looked like. If you were looking at him, you wouldn't be able to endure it."

"..." Ren Shanshan was silent for a bit. Then, "Pei Pei ah, those who are obsessed with looks don't have a future ahead of them."

Pei Ying pursed her lips. Then she sat up from her bed and asked excitedly, "Guess who else was at dinner."

"Who?"

"Song Nanchuan!"

Ren Shanshan raised her eyebrows. "The third Song prince? I've seen him before, really handsome. Did he feel you up too?"

"...Don't make others out to be so crass, won't you? CEO Song was a perfect gentleman. Not only did he help me out at dinner, he even sent me home."

"Home?!" Ren Shanshan shouted out in shock. "He's not showering in your bathroom right now, is he? Go over and let me hear the water."

Pei Ying, "..."

There were a few days every month that she really wanted to break off their friendship.

"I already told you, he's someone with principles. After he sent me home, he left."

"Eyy..." Ren Shanshan dragged out, as if considering things. "I think he's putting out bait to catch a big fish. An expert, if you will."

"...Stop thinking that everyone is as immoral as you."

Ren Shanshan tsked with disdain. "Well, on the way back, you must have gotten his contact info, right?"