Ch 25

In the end, Song Nanchuan was able to coax a second round out of Pei Ying.

Pei Ying laid in bed, a bit confused. “Don’t you need to readjust time zones?” How could he still be so energetic and vigorous?

Song Nanchuan responded, “Nope. Seeing you gives me energy.”

Pei Ying, “….”

She quietly got up and went to take a shower, and then she and Song Nanchuan went out.

The two played around in the bathroom a bit, and by the time they headed out the door, it was already past 1. After Song Nanchuan and she went to Tianxiaju for lunch, he had his driver take them to her apartment compound.

Pei Ying was a bit worried at the prospect of seeing that man under the tree again, while Song Nanchuan was rather looking forward to running into him. That would save him the effort in searching out the guy.

When they arrived, Pei Ying looked around, but the spot under the tree was empty. That man wasn’t there. She slightly released her breath and then said to Song Nanchuan, “The police probably dealt with him.”

Song Nanchuan didn’t say anything and just walked with her into the apartment compound.

Though he’d been there several times, he’d never gone up to her apartment. He looked around curiously and then commented, “This place is even smaller than I’d imagined. You should’ve moved out to my place sooner.”

Pei Ying raised her brown but didn’t respond. He continued, “And there wasn’t a single security camera on the way here. It’s very unsafe. The security guard is also pretty much useless.”

Pei Ying couldn’t deny that. She pulled out a bunch of things from her closet and started to stuff them into a suitcase. “I’ll get the rest of it when I end my lease.”

The rent for the place wouldn’t be up until next month. Even if she wasn’t living there presently, she didn’t want to let the landlord earn an extra month’s rent so easily like that.

“Mm.” After seeing her finish packing her things, Song Nanchuan helped her carry the suitcase downstairs.

The peach trees in the compound were still in the process of blooming. Stuck together, they looked like some pink clouds. A few cats meowed and circled Pei Ying’s legs.

“Blackie, Flower.” Pei Ying stopped in her steps to look at them. A bit sadly, she said, “If I move out, who will feed you guys?”

Song Nanchuan’s eyes moved to the cats at her feet. “I saw some cat food and a food dish in your apartment. Was it to feed these guys?”

“Mm. I’ve posted pictures to my friend feed before. Do you remember?”

Hearing her say that, Song Nanchuan did seem to recall something of the sort. He nodded slightly and then saw Pei Ying’s sparkling eyes looking at him. “Does your place allow cats?”

Song Nanchuan, “….”

He looked at the cats around Pei Ying’s feet. Personally, he didn’t much like raising pets. Moreover, he didn’t have the time to take care of them. But if Pei Ying wanted to, having a few pets wasn’t that big a deal. “Mm. My place is more spacious too, and they can play around in the garden. But you’re responsible for taking care of them.”

“Okay, okay.” Pei Ying happily pet the cat’s heads. “Blackie, Flower, you guys are going to be living in a mansion soon!”

Song Nanchuan called his driver over to help carry the cats. When Pei Ying went to catch a yellow haired kitten, it kept hiding from her. “Little Yellow doesn’t seem to want to come along with us…”