…Her heart ached again.

But Pei Ying was soon captivated by the doll-like child in the photos. “Oh my, it’s so cute! Is this really Chuan Chuan?”

“Yes. I liked it so much that I just wanted to raise him as a girl. Only, his father wouldn’t allow it. As he grew up, he wouldn’t let me take photos of him anymore either, so I had to store away all these clothes…” At this point, Mrs Song’s eyes lit up again. “But then I realized that when they all get married and bring their pretty wives home, I can take photos of them.”

Pei Ying, “….”

Wait. That didn’t mean what she thought it meant, did it?

“Look, I took these ones of Sister-in-law. Isn’t she pretty?” Mrs Song turned the page in the album to reveal a photo of Sister-in-law. “Sister-in-law looks very gentle and she looks good in a qipao. This kind of long dress is also very elegant. But now she’s pregnant, so she can’t take photos with me anymore.”

Pei Ying was taken aback. “Sister-in-law is pregnant?”

“Mmh. She’s two months along. We don’t know yet, but I hope she can have a daughter.”

Pei Ying, “….”

Mrs Song was especially… attached to this.

“Ms Pei, you have such a nice figure. I wonder if you have any interest in trying on a few outfits?” Mrs Song looked at Pei Ying, her expression particularly sincere.

“…Sure!” Pei Ying replied with interest.

Mrs Song happily started picking out clothes for Pei Ying. Pei Ying changed into a sweet, princess dress. Then, she changed into some sexy outfits. Finally, she even tried on a lolita dress set, before the pleasant afternoon finally came to an end.

After changing back into her own clothes, Pei Ying earnestly recommended the mobile dress up game she played to Mrs Song.

And, Mrs Song gifted Pei Ying with a photo of a young Song Nanchuan in girl’s clothing, as a keepsake.

Song Nanchuan and his father were currently sitting in the living room. When he saw Pei Ying and his mother return downstairs, he walked over and whispered to Pei Ying, “What did my mom ask you to do?”

Pei Ying responded, “Play dress up.”

Song Nanchuan, “….”

He pulled Pei Ying out to the terrace, his expression dark. “Did she take you to her closet?”

“Yeah. There were a lot of clothes inside. And I saw photos of you guys as kids.”

Song Nanchuan, “….”

Where was there a mother who sold her sons in this manner? Keke…

“Auntie said that when you were born, she was really tempted to switch you with the baby girl beside you in the nursery.”

“….” Song Nanchuan was silent for a moment. No wonder he’d always felt that he wasn’t really her son. With a sigh, he said, “Sorry for not giving you a warning ahead of time. Sister-in-law wasn’t taken into the closet until after she got married… This is part of the dark, secret history of the Song family. You’d better not let anyone know about it.”

“…Okay.” Pei Ying really wanted to laugh, but she simply nodded. “Actually, I don’t think it’s so bad. I used to be a model after all. Change clothes, take photos. It’s just like that.”

Although Mrs Song’s interest was a bit unusual, her collection was very considerable. There were quite a few outfits from famous designers, and it was really enough to satisfy a woman’s vanity.