Chapter Eleven:

* 3rd Person POV *

          Damon looked frantically for Eliana at her place and at the boarding house but failed to find her. As soon as he searched the boarding house he gave up and grabbed a bottle of bourbon. He poured himself a glass and opened the window curtains while contemplating what he should do next. He sat the glass down and he took off his daylight ring as he stood there and allow the sun to burn him. Stefan raced in and knocked him out of the way.

"Get off me." Damon angrily said to Stefan.

  "You're not doing this." Stefan argued.

"Just did. You know what happened to Rose, Stefan."

  "I don't care." Stefan said as he threw Damon in the cell down in the basement and closed the door. "You're not dying today." And then he locked it. "What about Elli?"

"What about her? I've called and texted her and she won't answer me back." They shared a worried look and then he asked "What's the plan, superman?"

  "I'm gonna find a way out of this."

"Oh, right. A miracle cure. Good luck with that one."

  "I've got Bonnie looking for something. Anything."

"Always the hero, Stefan. Just tell me good-bye, get it over with." he said and then he started coughing up blood.

  "Lie still. Conserve your strength."

* Eliana's POV *

        As I made my way through the crowd in the park I was checking my phone. I couldn't believe all the calls and texts that I had gotten from Jeremy and the majority of them were from Damon asking if I was okay and saying that he needed to talk to me. I ignored them. I was on my way to meet up with Elena and Jeremy when I noticed a big movie screen and that there were people dressed up in 1930's era costumes. That's when I remembered that they were showing 'Gone with the Wind' in the park tonight. I spotted Jeremy, Elena, and Caroline sitting on the ground.

  "Hey Elli, Damon's been looking for you all afternoon. Where have you been." Elena asked.

        "I know, he sent me twenty text messages, five voice mails, and ten missed calls. I've been around." I said as I sat down next to Jeremy.

  "Where did you go, you know, after the funeral?"

        "Well if you must know. I went to the boarding house to get something to eat, so I wouldn't eat the people here, before going home and changing in something else on besides of what I had on. And now I'm here." Stefan arrived wanting to talk to Elena for a minute and they both left.

          About fifteen minutes after Elena left, Bonnie joined us to watch the movie.

"All this waiting around is ruining Scarlett for me." Caroline whispered and then Jeremy's phone started buzzing.

   "Alaric. Hey."

"Tell me you're with Elli and Elena." he said.

   "Elli's here but Elena went to go see Damon. I thought that's where you were."

"No, he just escaped. I think he's looking for them, and the cops are after him. Listen he's in bad shape, Jeremy, so if you see Elena, get her somewhere safe, okay? I'm on my way." Alaric explained and then hung up.

        I'll go look for Elena and you guys keep an eye out for Damon. Call me if you find him." as soon as I said that I left.

          As I looked all over the park for Elena with no luck. I saw Jeremy and Damon enter the Grill with Liz close behind them. My phone rang but I ignored it as I ran towards the Grill. But as soon as I reached the door I heard a gun shot. As I made my way in I saw Jeremy hit the ground with a thud. He had been the one she shot. I felt a blind rage rush through me as I looked at Liz. I ran at her and held her by the throat as I slammed her against the wall. Caroline and Bonnie ran in at that minute. Bonnie ran and knelt down beside Jer.