Chapter Five:

I arrived at the Grill about twenty minutes later. As I walked in the door I heard my name called and it took me a minute to see Elena, Stefan, Damon, and Jeremy in a corner booth waving at me to join them. I walked over and slide beside Elena so I wouldn't have to sit next to Damon. I think he noticed that I was ignoring him which I kinda was.

"So what's going on?" I asked puzzled.

"I saw Elijah today and he said that Klaus was closing in on Mystic falls. Which means he is really close to finding us." Elena said with a very shocked but sad look in her eyes.

"Wait? You mean he's coming after you, right?" I asked with a nervous breathe.

"No I mean us. Somehow Klaus got word that I had a twin that had moved away to London for awhile and now your back. Somehow Stefan and Damon think that Klaus will choose both of us to sacrifice but Elijah says that it will be one of us. We won't know which one he's gonna choose until he says which one it'll be. Elijah has agreed to keep everyone I love safe until the next full moon. But I have given myself up for the better good." I saw Stefan tense up when Elena said the last sentence. I know that he would never allow her to give her life up so I had to make a decision before I said anything stupid.

"I think I need some fresh air because I suddenly can't catch my breathe." as soon as I said that I got up and walked out the door. All of a sudden I saw Damon across the street sitting on a park bench. He was waving for me to go over so I did.

"When I said that I needed some fresh air that didn't imply that I wanted company." I said flatly as I sat down next to him.

"Well we needed to talk sooner or later and I thought that this was my chance." he sounded serious but I couldn't tell because I was to busy starring into those amazing ice blue eyes of his.

"Wait what? What do we possibly have to talk about?" I asked after I broke away from his gaze.

"Well I don't know, what about the kiss?" Damon said while smirking.

"What about the kiss?" I was kinda shocked that he brought it up.

"Well If my memory serves me you said and I quote 'I happened to like the kiss' and I can't stop thinking about it myself. I was just wondering if you were thinking the same thing." he asked still smirking.

"Well yes but my life is in danger and I can't think about what happened between us right now. I mean it was amazing and I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since then but I can't start anything when I know that I might not survive." I did like the thought of maybe being in a relationship. I looked over at Damon and I wondered if he was thinking the same thing.

"Listen I have to go pick up Jeremy but we'll talk later and if you want Elena has my cell number if you want to call me." I lied about picking Jer up but I had to get home before anything else happened.

I got up and walked around the corner to my car. As I neared the corner the wind stirred around me and I dropped my keys. I bent down to pick them up and when I looked up towards my car I saw someone leaning against it. At first it startled me but as I grew closer to them that I noticed it was Damon.

"What do you want Dam-" before I could get his name out of my mouth he had me pressed against him and my car. Before I could open my mouth in protest his lips crashed down upon mine and I couldn't help but kiss him back. He wrapped his arms around my waist holding me closer to him and I wrapped my arms around his neck while my hands played with his hair.

It was about five or ten minutes later when my phone rang. "Don't answer that." Damon spoke in between kisses. While still kissing I pulled my phone to eye level to see who was calling. As I glanced at it I saw Stefan's name on the caller id.