The officer thought for a moment and then said, “Is your place nearby? I’ll send you back. If that person is still waiting at your building, I’ll teach him a lesson. Don’t you worry.”

“Okay…” Pei Ying agreed. She didn’t have any other options currently. She just hoped that the officer would really be able to stop the man.

The officer called over one of his colleagues and they walked Pei Ying home together. Seeing her sprained foot, he even asked with concern, “You didn’t get that sprain from fleeing from your stalker, did you?”

“Ah, no, I didn’t… I sprained it when I was practicing a dance.”

The officer nodded. “Your work must be tough too.”

Pei Ying laughed. “Whose work isn’t tough?”

“That’s true.” She and the two officers walked out of the station, and Pei Ying immediately saw the man in the black coat.

He was still standing at the intersection.

“It’s him, in the black coat and white sneakers.” As Pei Ying spoke, she made sure not to point at him and just describe him, but the man quickly turned and walked off. One of the officers called to him, but he didn’t stop. Instead, he started to run faster, and he was gone in the blink of an eye.

Seeing the man, Pei Ying started to feel nervous. She anxiously asked the officer at her side, “He wouldn’t retaliate after finding out I reported him, would he?”

The officer responded, “Don’t worry too much. We’ll make sure to keep an eye out for this. Keep an eye out when you enter or leave home. Better yet, have your boyfriend stay with you.”

Pei Ying bit her lip. “My boyfriend’s currently out of the country. He won’t be back for a few days.”

The officer seemed contemplative as he nodded. “Then this person may be taking the opportunity to follow you during that time… Do you have any other male friends that you can have travel around with you for awhile?”

Pei Ying thought about it. Although she had several male friends, only Chen Sheng was really suitable for this. But she couldn’t trouble Chen Sheng about it. He was her boss after all.

“How about I stay with my friend for the time being.” Thankfully, in this city, she still had a Ren Shanshan.

The officer responded, “That sounds good too. We’ll be mindful of this guy as well.”

After they sent Pei Ying off in a taxi, they left. Pei Ying checked the time. Ren Shanshan should still be at her studio, so she had the driver head there.

When she arrived, Ren Shanshan was holding a bowl and having dinner. When she saw Pei Ying hobble inside, she quickly stood up. “What’s going on?”

With Shanshan’s help, Pei Ying walked over to the table and sat down. She took a breath and said, “I sprained my ankle at dance practice. It’s not serious.”

“Not serious but wrapped up like this? Hospital gauze doesn’t cost money now?” Ren Shanshan examined her foot a bit and then sat down beside her. “Why did you come over here?”

Pei Ying explained about her stalker, and when she was done, Ren Shanshan stared blankly for a moment before abruptly putting down the bowl in her hands. “Wow, that’s really too scary. Your Song Nanchuan’s not doing anything about it?”

“Oh, I didn’t tell him about it. He’s abroad now, so telling him won’t be much use.”

“What do you mean? Complaining a bit and letting his heart hurt is something!” As Ren Shanshan spoke, she suddenly glanced out the window nervously. “That guy didn’t follow you here, did he?”