Ch 15. Trying to please

Start from the beginning

"What's a good way to make a girl happy?" Song Nanchuan asked.

What???

Countless questions popped into Xiao Zhang's head, but he asked his boss calmly, "This... It depends on the girl. But buying them clothes, bags, or shoes is probably a good method."

Song Nanchuan's brows were still wrinkled. "Isn't that a bit too simple and crude?" Of course he was also able to think up a method of this level, but wouldn't that suggest that he lacked sincerity?

Xiao Zhang replied firmly, "Of course not. Girls like that kind of simple and crude love."

Song Nanchuan, "..."

He seemed to have discovered something crucial about Xiao Zhang. Song Nanchuan looked at him with interest, "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Ah, I had a few in college." Xiao Zhang saw a fire about to burn him and quickly backed off. "CEO Song, are you trying to please Ms Pei?"

Song Nanchuan's brow jumped, but he didn't respond.

Xiao Zhang figured that he'd guessed correctly. After thinking about it for a moment, he said, "Actually, picking out clothes, bags, and shoes is something that requires a certain skill. If you pick out something the other person doesn't like, then you'll have just gone to all that work without any thanks."

Song Nanchuan nodded, signaling for Xiao Zhang to continue.

"Doesn't Ms Pei like playing games? You can send her a diamond!"

"A diamond?"

"Not a real one, but in the game."

"Mm," Song Nanchuan responded. He wouldn't mind giving her a real diamond either though.

"Playing games can also help one relax, so it's like killing two birds with one stone." The more Xiao Zhang explained, the better of an idea this sounded like. "There are a few girls in the secretary office who play that game as well. When I helped Xiao Zheng get fifty pieces, she was so happy, she nearly kissed me."

Song Nanchuan, "..."

Looks like Xiao Zhang was pretty skilled. Was he just wasting his talent before?

This suggestion.... seemed quite enticing.

He deliberated. Then he said to Xiao Zhang, "Help me send 20 thousand yuan worth of diamonds to Pei Ying."

Xiao Zhang, "......Yes, sir."

If he knew it was going to be like this, he should have insisted on buying real clothes.

Pei Ying was currently sitting in front of her computer, reading through the comments on her Weibo. After the article came out that morning, her Weibo became a disaster area. She looked at all the comments cursing her out and wondered how many of those people had been exclaiming their love for her just a few days ago.

The entertainment industry was just too cold-blooded. Liking and hating were two of the simplest things.

This wave of hate was more intense than the last one. Firstly, there were more people overall. Secondly, people had hated on her role last time, but this time, they were outright hating her.

But the one redeeming factor was that, at least this time, there were more people speaking up for her as well.

While she was caught up in a trance, her phone started ringing with messages. Pei Ying picked up her phone to look. Song Nanchuan sent her four consecutive messages.

They were all weird strings of characters and numbers.

Pei Ying looked at them in confusion and responded to him with a confused expression.