four

hi guys, i really feel i can't continue without comments or a follow of instagram, because i don't know if you guys like it haha!

i hope you do, but i really would like that :)

lettie lutz.

the woman who i didn't need to meet, but who i wanted to meet.

me and juno are sat, up in the stands, watching her rehearse.

"she's incredible, right?" i look up to see  tom coming to perch himself next to me.

i smile.

the pint-sized general had recently barrelled into my life and i could not be more thankful for it. tom thumb's another one of pt's "extrodinary persons", though i'm pretty sure that he deserves that title MUCH more than me.

he's a mini general for christ's sake!

he's also been teaching me to ride horses, and it is going pretty well, if i do say so myself!

"yeah - she really is," i sigh, placing my head in my hands. her melodic tunes float throughout the theatre, and she looks completely stunning in her deep purple dress.

tom dangles his legs over the edge of the seat and pats juno's head.

"you're great too, you know?" i laugh.

"aww, thanks tom," i sigh. "i think that it requires no talent really - it's just juno, and the animals,"

"it's really no-" tom is cut off by the booming voice of pt.

he's stood in the middle of the sandpit, in his full coat and tails.

"ladies and gents! even though we've had several bad reviews as of late, we need to accept ourselves as we are amazing and unique group of people." he pauses and looks around at all of the troop, then straight up at me. "and, thanks to your honourable james gordon bennet," we all laugh. "our venture will be renamed 'barnum's circus'."

there are a full seconds of hesitant silence before applause erupts from our small yet confident group of misfits.

—————————————————————

that night, i had no idea where i'd be sleeping.

as everyone packs up for the night, i loiter around the entrance with juno by my feet. i help with bits and pieces that anyone needs help with, until everyone has left except me and pt.

do i just walk out? back to the woman who i walked out on. who i completely erased out of my life?

"we'll be heading out soon - i just need to pack up my things," pt says from where he is kneeling.

"oh-oh, okay,"

he pauses and looks up at me, grinning.

"you didn't really think i was going to leave you, did you?" relieved, i smile.

"i wasn't sure..." i blush, feeling a weight being lifted off my shoulders.

after a while, pt grabs his briefcase and places his hat on his head before grabbing his coat. the door swings upon as the harsh new york wind bites upon us. the bitter cold makes me shiver and i pick juno up - he's shivering too.

"oh, i'm so sorry, kitty," says pt, draping his far too large coat over my shoulders and i smile at him gratefully. he leads me out of the door and down the steps, where a horse and carriage waits for us.

"may i?" says pt, placing his hand out for me to hold. blushing, i take it and he leads me up the carriage steps before climbing in himself, sitting next to me.

he puts his arm around me in an attempt to keep me warm and i lean into his side.

the horse sets off and it begins to trot.

"y'know pt, ive never been in a carriage before,"

"really?"

"mm-hm," he hugs me closer and there is a moment of peaceful silence.

"thanks, pt." i say and i feel him smile.

"you're welcome, kitty."

———————————————————

we arrive at what i assume is pt's house.

damn is this big.

it's a huge ancient mansion, and is completely gorgeous. i sit up as i see helen and caroline springing down the steps to meet us.

"hi, daddy!" greets helen. then she sees me and her face lights up with glee. "you didn't tell us that kathryn was coming home! and juno!" the girls hush and i smile.

pt jumps out before me before lifting me up and out of the carriage. then, juno hops out, unassisted, and the carriage trots away. i'm led up the stairs by both girls - one on each hand, and charity greets me at the door.

"how lovely for you to come and stay with us, kathryn!" she hugs me tightly and my heart almost explodes.

so this is what love feels like.

i'm offered food but i refuse - i'm far too tired to eat. juno, however, juno, laps up every last morsel of meat given to him.

eventually, charity suggests that the girls and i retire to bed, which i happily accept. i was offered a separate bedroom, but the girls begged me to stay in theirs. i happily oblige and juno sleeps on a pile of cushions and blankets at the bottom of my bed.

i hear the girls' breathing become more quiet and presume that they are asleep.

i close my eyes and hear the door open and someone walk over - it's charity. she bends over, before kissing my forehead and then moves on to the girls. i hear the door close quietly and muffled talking coming for downstairs.

i wish for happiness like this forever.