one

"sir, i can get you three bunches for the price of two!" i try to draw the attention of the affluent man. "one for your daughter, sister, wife! sir?"

i am suddenly met by another man's chest and i fall to the ground, dropping my basket in the process, my flowers scattering everywhere. juno, my dog, comes up beside me, sniffing the man and barking at him. i look at my grazed hands and groan.

"oh my god, i am so sorry!" the man crouches down next to me and helps me to sweep up the flowers, carefully placing them back in the basket.

"here," he says, and i am greeted by an outstretched hand. reluctantly, i grab it and he pulls me up. our eyes meet for a second and time slows down - he seems to see something in me.

he also seems to have underestimated how light i was, and nearly knocks me off of my feet. i catch myself and he picks up the basket, holding it out for me.

"again, my utmost apologies," i snatch it from him and sigh.

"sir, please be careful when walking next time,"

"of course, ma'am," he smirks, tipping his hat. i half-smile back and he is met with juno at his feet, tail wagging. he reaches to stroke him but i call him away. i've lost a lot of things in life, and he's definitely not going to be one.

as i walk away, i glance over my shoulder and see him stood, watching me with a sort of fascination.

what a freak.