Rache 2

Holmes saw something written on the wall, so he walked towards it.

''Y/N, would you come here for a second?'' you heard him calling.

You walked towards him, and he pointed to something scribbled on the wall in blood.

''Rache? What does it mean?'' you asked

''Maybe it's about a lady named Rachel?'' Barton cut it.

You and Holmes gave him a look, and he cleared his throat and looked away.

''Rache means 'revenge' in German. However, the criminal is not German. The 'e' from the end is a fake version from the German 'e''' Holmes said and you nodded.

You saw something on the wall, and took his magnifying glass and took a better look at it.

''Look. Scratch marks made by nails. So, our criminal has untrimmed nails'' you said.

''The word is inclined to the left, so he is left handed. He wrote the word in the front of his eyes, so that means he is your height. Maybe a little taller'' Holmes concluded.

''Look at the foot prints on the carpet. They're deep, that means the man was chubby, am I right?'' you asked, looking at him.

''Totally correct my dear. You started picking up the method, huh?'' he said and smirked at you.

You and Holmes finished searching around the house, and headed outside, where Barton was waiting.

He ran around the house and came back a few minutes later, smiling like he just discovered a treasure.

''Barton, you are not searching for a woman named Rachel. You are looking for a 5'5'' man, bald,  left handed with untrimmed nails'' Holmes informed him.

Later that day...

''I have to confess, Barton is a talented actor'' Holmes said, reading the paper.

''What do you mean?''

Holmes placed the newspaper on the coffee table and looked at you.

''If you remember, there were two glasses of wine on the table. One was full, and the other was empty. Examining the wine, I realized there is something wrong with it. The scent of Margeaux is floral, with peach accords, while the one I was sniffing today was herbaceous. The empty glass was the victim's and the full glass was Barton's. If the victim didn't have any aggression sign, that means he--'' Holmes began to say, but you cut him off.

''He was poisoned'' you said, realizing everything.

''Exactly. With Nightshade'' he nodded, confirming what you said.

''Atroppa Belladonna. Highly poisonous''

-------------------------------------

Word count: 504