:one:

Genesis bobbed her head to the tune of Cudi Zone as she walked down the street, wiping some sweat off of her forehead as she made awkward eye contact with a man passing by.

Although it was early October, it was still really warm in SoCal. Since she'd moved from a bit further North her body wasn't used to the heat.

She smiled at the man selling newspapers, buying one from him for the sake of doing so. Genesis wasn't big in reading them- but the little old man was sweet. The cover held news of another armed robbery, this one being at a jewelry store. The city and surrounding ones had an outbreak of crime lately, and the police could never catch them.

She walked into the daycare, picking up her cousin with a smile as they went to sit on the bench outside and wait for her aunt to show up.

meanwhile

"What's the plan?" The boss, Skinhead, spoke as he looked over the group one last time, watching them stuff guns into duffle bags and put on their gloves and sunglasses.

Parole, Machine Gun, and Stiletto glanced over to Wheels as he sat back, feet up on the table.

"Circle the building twice to make sure there's no cops. They go in, and have exactly 7 minutes to get as much as they can. Shoot whoever gets in the way. Ditch the masks and burn 'em in the trashcan next to the building. Eliminate bystanders if they see faces. Meet back at the slump once we've ditched police and the car." The driver sighs, grabbing his bag, kicking the chair in, and walking out to the car.

"I wanna strangle that kid," Stiletto muttered as she grabbed her bag and followed suit.

The four of them piled into the car and drove hastily to the bank, following protocol, as Wheels waited for them to return.

He sighed, rubbing his eyes and tapping on the steering wheel. When he glanced back in the mirror, he could see the commotion inside the bank and shuddered. This wasn't his favorite job.

Time was almost out, and the streets were still empty. Hopefully no one would have to die. If the streets were empty, they should be fine. Machine Gun was trigger happy- if he saw someone after they ditched their mask they'd be goners.

And then, the driver noticed a girl walking down the street.

Genesis mouthed the lyrics to her song, walking to get a coffee. Her cousin was just picked up around the corner, and she could've gone with, but when there was a Starbucks with free wifi, why wouldn't she just walk there instead?

Wheels looked her up and down, and then looked at the timer. They'd be out in less than a minute. There was nowhere for her to run or hide, and he didn't know what to do.

To let her die, or save her life?

It plagued the boys mind. He wasn't quite sure why, but he pitied the girl. He hated whenever anyone had to get hurt- it wasn't in him. He wasn't cut out for this life.

And yeah, he should've looked away and done his job. But with 30 seconds on the clock, he backed up next to her and rolled down the window.

"Get in if you want to live."

She looked at him like he was crazy. And honestly? Genesis was scared. There was a look in the boys eyes that pierced through her. Surely he was messing around- she should run, right? Before something bad happens. Never trust a strange man telling you to get into his car.

"I'm serious!" He hissed, and she was about to run the opposite direction until she heard gunshots from inside the bank. Her heart dropped. The boy was serious. So, Genesis went against everything she'd ever been told.