He quickly winked at me, and flashed a confident smile.

"Back from the streets, we have a fan favorite!"

I tried to keep my focus on Luke, but I knew by the pace of my heartbeat that wouldn't work.

"Standing at 6-foot-2, 275 pounds, Alec Black!"

Alec Black.

I watched him make his way to center stage, a white towel hung around his neck, that same cocky grin smug on his lips.

I never thought I would see him again, let alone like this, here, with Luke.

His cold pair of concretes found mine just as Luke's did, but the look he gave was much more malicious.

He made me feel so small.

Eric blew his whistle, as Alec threw himself at Luke, the two locking arms in a fight for dominance.

Luke quickly the two of them upside down, knocking Alec on his back.

Before Luke could swing his punch, Alec's foot made it's way into Luke's stomach, creating a cheer from the crowd, and a stammer from Luke.

While Luke clenched his stomach, Alec grabbed him by the neck, held his head up, and swung with great force, knocking Luke on the cheek.

I winced at the motion, squinting my eyes as if I were watching a horror movie.

It was not fun to see anyone get hurt, but it was horror to watch it happen to Luke.

Luke retaliated quickly with a punch to Alec's jaw, but that wasn't enough.

Alec, unlike all of Luke's other opponents, didn't give up. He continued to throw punches as Luke, especially on his face.

The match became too gruesome for me to watch, and I quickly darted my eyes to the ground.

I listened to the crowd cheering at each punch, but after one, I heard a loud ground, that I knew was from Luke.

With that, I turned away from the ring, and began walking through the crowd.

I found myself making my way to the locker room, even though my brain was screaming for me to just leave.

I knew Luke would be there once the match was done, and I needed to see him.

The locker room that was typically filled with boxers and their managers and coaches was completely empty. I never noticed what the room actually looked like, as it was always filled with people.

The walls were made of bricks that had been painted white years ago, the paint was chipping at every corner.

Rusted red lockers bordered the room, a few duffle bags sitting on the floor next to them.

On each of the lockers were carvings of initials, and I found myself tracing the room and looking at them in attempt to distract myself.

My fingers fell upon a small L.H, with two x's, and I traced the letters.

Luke's locker.

I opened it, the only item was a grey duffle bag, that seemed to be nearly empty.

I glanced behind me to guarantee I was alone, and slowlt unzipped the bag.

Inside the bag was stacks of hundred dollar bills tied together, and a large yellow envelope.

I opened the envelope, and inside was nearly a dozen crumbled pieces of paper.

I quickly grabbed one from the folder, and scanned my eyes across the horridly familar black ink.

How's the mother, Lukey? I know the cute brunette you've been hanging around oh too well, be careful or she's next, my dear friend.

Before I could allow the tears that were beginning to form in the corners of my eyes to fall, or the scream that was begging to leave my lips into the atmosphere, I heard loud footsteps entering the room.

I quickly shoved the letter back in the envelope, and in the bag, and shut the locker door.

I turned to face Eric and a man I had never seen before holding up Luke.

Luke's arms dangled around the shoulders of the men, his eyes closed, blood falling down his nose and lip, bruises beginning to form on his eyes and cheeks.

My heart nearly broke at the sight.

I quickly ran over to him, but Eric and the other man continued to carry him toward the bench in front of the lockers.

"He's in bad shape, darling, you might want to go home."

"No, no," I shook my head, following behind them.

They sat Luke up on the bench, and he lay with his head hung in defeat.

"You need medical attention, Hemmings," The other man said, speaking loudly.

Luke barely shook his head, and opened his busted lips.

"Leave," He choked, barely audible.

"You could-"

"I said go!" Luke choked, his eyes barely opening as he shouted, as if it took everything in him to yell.

The men quickly followed Luke's orders and left, leaving me standing over him.

"I lost," He spoke, his voice hoarse.

"Hey, it's okay," I comforted, kneeling so that I could look at him better, he looked miserable.

"We're in deep shit now, baby." He choked, and threw his head in his busted and bloodied hands.