six

The next few days were spent in
awkward silence.

There'd be the occasional slip up, someone would trip over the other, bump into them, and it'd get even more awkward. Dodie blushed every time the lavender headed girl looked at her and  the same with Rose.

It was dinner and Rose was making pasta. She sucked at cooking, but she didnt know that until the water boiled over and Dodie had to scramble to help her flatmate before she burned their food.

"Fuck!" Rose laughed, trying to scrape off the blackened pasta out of the pot as Dodie giggled and wiped up the water.

"Oh fuck!"  She screamed as the pasta lit on fire. She had failed to take it off the heat, resulting in flame. Flame resulted in smoke, which set off their fire alarm.

"Fuck!" Rose yelled, running to grab the fire extinguisher. Dodie was cracking up laughing, but soon, the apartment building was evacuated into the pouring rain because of the girls burning pasta.

"I'm so sorry." Rose laughed over the rain, both girls soaking wet. Dodie just cracked up.

"It's okay." She said over the rainfall. They smiled at each other before Dodie made a move.

Soon the two kissed in the rain, all time stopping.

And all because of some burnt pasta.