10

Jungkook couldn't sleep anymore. He was always too worried about Taehyung. Today was the day he was supposed to meet his kidnapper, or else something might happen to Taehyung. Every day since he got that note, he kept on getting notes every day. 

The day after he got his first note:

Jungkook,

Have you decided what to do now? I hope you decided to meet me. It would be such a shame to let Taehyung sacrifice himself for you. Choose who will die: Taehyung or you?

The day after that:

Jungkook,

Enjoy your life while you can. I will kill you and have my revenge anyway. While I can still haunt you with my letters, can you guess who I am?

The day after that:

Jungkook,

Have you figured out who I am? Do you even remember? If you don't remember me, all the more reason to kill you. 

The day after that:

Jungkook,

Three more days now. I'm still suffering after what you did to me. Now do you know why I want revenge? After all these years I can finally make you pay. Three more days, Jungkook.

The day after that:

Jungkook,

Two more days for you to live. Have you enjoyed your life like I advised you to? It won't matter anymore. Tell Taehyung about your death if you want. If you don't, you might as well break his heart before you die.

Then, yesterday:

Jungkook,

You die tomorrow. If you don't come in time, you know who's also going to die. Tomorrow, you'll know all the answers to your questions. You'll find out who I am, why I hate you, why I want to kill you, and you might even find out how much I know about Taehyung.

Today was the day. Jungkook had to meet with this person. He had no idea who this was, not even a clue. What could he have done? Should Jungkook tell Taehyung what was going to happen today? Should he at least say his last goodbye? It hurt Jungkook so much to imagine how Taehyung would react when he finds Jungkook missing tomorrow. Taehyung already lost Yoongi; what will happen if he loses him as well? But absolutely nothing must happen to Taehyung. If Jungkook was even a minute late, Taehyung could end up dead. Jungkook had to be the one to die, not Taehyung.

There were ten more minutes until midnight. Fortunately, the park was not so far away. Jungkook could be there in five minutes. Jungkook carefully got off the bed, trying not to wake Taehyung. He was already prepared to go. He'd been waiting for this moment. Before he left, he pressed his lips against Taehyung's.

"Goodbye, Tae," he whispered. "I love you."

 He went outside and closed the door behind him, and as soon as the door closed, Taehyung's eyes opened. He had been awake the whole night, pretending to be asleep. He had been worried about Jungkook. He knew that Jungkook hasn't been able to sleep lately. Taehyung lay in his bed for a moment, thinking.

Why did Jungkook say goodbye like that? Where is he going at this late time? Why did he go out?  Is he leaving me? No, he wouldn't have kissed me and said he loves me if he was leaving me. Why else would he go? I have to go find him.

Taehyung quickly changed and ran out the door. He spotted Jungkook walking in the direction of the park. He ran to Jungkook as fast as he could.

"Jungkook!"

Jungkook looked behind him in surprise.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?"

"I was gonna ask you the same question. What are you doing here?"

Jungkook opened his mouth like he was going to say something, then closed it. What could he say to Taehyung that won't make him suspicious? All of a sudden, Jungkook's alarm on his phone went off. He knew what that meant.

"OH MY GOD!!! ITS ALREADY MIDNIGHT!!!" Jungkook gave Taehyung an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Taehyung, I have to go now."

With that being said, Jungkook ran to the park. He hoped he wasn't too late. He stopped in the middle of the park, short of breath. But, to his horror, he heard Taehyung running as well. Taehyung was going to die. He just knew it. There was nothing he could do about it now. Before he knew it, Taehyung was standing in front of him. As soon as Taehyung stood in front of him, Jungkook saw a hand hit Taehyung on the head, knocking him unconscious. It was too dark to identify the figure, though.

"I warned you what would happen if you were late," the figure said.

Then all of a sudden, Jungkook felt a bolt of pain shoot through his head. The last thing he saw was unconscious Taehyung lying on the ground before his world plummeted into darkness.