Part 16 - Valentine's Special

George's POV
I'm driving YN'S truck down this dirt road. We are going on our date today that I've been planning all week. I really hope she likes it. We are going to spend the whole day outdoors. Hiking, fishing, talking, and having fun. Well be spending most of the day on game lands and at the end of the day I rented us a lot at a nearby campsite. I spent a while planning this. "Do you know where your going?" YN asks. "Yes I know where I'm going! Kinda..." I tell her. "Okay if you say so." She says. 5 minutes later, I pull onto a road called Birch Drive. "We're here!" I tell her. I find a small little parking area in the gamelands. We both get out of the truck. "A woods date? Doesn't that copy my idea a little?" She asks. "Trust me its going to be a lot more then a walk. Nathan told me about what your dream date was, and I spent all week setting it up!" I tell her. "Wait really! That's awesome! Thank you so much!" She says. She kisses me. "So what do you wanna do first?" I ask her. "How about I show you some fun things to do in the woods?" She asks. "Okay sure!" I say. We both start going out for a walk in the woods. "Follow me!" She says, as she heads towards a nearby tree. I follow her and she starts climbing the tree. "Come on! Or are you chicken?" She says as she starts making chicken noises. "I'm no chicken!" I say, trying to sound tough. "The climb." She says, almost at the top of the tree. "Fine!" I say as I start climbing the base of the tree. I never really had a fear of heights so I wasn't that scared. The hardest part had to be finding strong areas I can grab. It also hurt my hands a bit because it was cold out. Finally we get to the top of the tree. I look out and all I can see for miles is trees. Miles and miles of nature. "Isn't it beautiful?" She asks. I nod. ⚠️ She kisses me. I kiss her back, wrapping my arms around her. She puts her arms around my neck. We sit there, kissing for a while. ⚠️ Then we stop. "I love you." I tell her. "I love you more." She says. We both climb down and get back k to walking. The day was so much fun. Up until about 12:00 she was showing me a bunch of fun things to do in the woods like swinging on vines and making forts. Then after lunch, we went fishing for a while we caught a couple of fish and we cooked them for dinner. She knew what she was doing. She scaled them and prepped them for cooking. While she was doing that, I made the fire. After we finished eating, I decided to stand by the pond. I stood there for a while looking at the view. Then I heard YN'S footsteps behind me. I thought she was going to look at the view with me but instead I felt her shove me. I fell into the pond and my clothes got wet. I fell on my butt sitting there laughing. She reached her hand out to help me up. Instead of getting up, I pulled her in with me. We are both laughing. "Oh your on." She says as she starts splashing water at me. I splash water back. It was war!! We were both laughing and having fun. 10 minutes later we were sitting by the fire sticking wet. "Well that was fun." She said. "Ya it was." I said kissing her. "So now what are we gonna do?" She asks. "Well I was think we go for a quick walk. After our clothes dry of course." I tell her. She nods. We sit by the fire for a while until are clothes are at least partially dry. Then we start going for a walk. I was actually taking her to the camp site so we can set up camp. About half an hour later, we got to the camp site. It was starting to get dark. "What's this?" She asks. "Wanna spend the night?" I ask her. "This is awesome! Best day ever and it ends with a camping trip!" She says as she hugs me. I go to the truck (which I asked Nathan to bring to the camp site for me.) And grab our stuff. We set up the tents and get our sleeping bags ready. By now it's dark out and we decided to lay outside in the grass and look at the stars. "YN. Can I tell you something?" I ask her. She sits up and looks me in the eyes. "Sure." She says. "I want you to know that I love you. I love you more then anything. Your my world." I tell her. "I feel the same way." She says with a smile. I stand up and help her up to. "I just thought you should know that. Your everything to me." I say. I get down in one knee. I pull out a ring box. "I'm not asking you to marry me tonight. We are both still so young. This is a promise ring. Not for you to promise me, but for me to promise you that I'll always be there for you and I'll never stop loving you. And I promise that someday I will propose to you, but only if you want that. This ring is to remind you that. Would you YN (last name), accept his promise ring?" I ask her. I'm hoping so much that she will say yes. I know she's not much of a ring person though. She just stand there staring at me, tears forming in her eyes. Did I do something wrong? "Y- yes!! Of course!!" She says. Those were tears of joy. I stand up and hug her. We both kiss for a minute. Then I put the ring on her finger. "Even though I don't where jewelry normally, I'll always where this. I love it. Not because it's nice, but because of what it means." She says hugging me. I yawn. "Tired sleepy head?" She asks. I nod my head no as I yawn again. "Ya sure. Come one let's get some sleep." She says. I sigh and go to the tent with her. We both get under the covers and cuddle. She falls asleep a few minutes later with her head resting on my chest. I kiss her on the forehead and fall asleep. That night I had the best dream ever. I dreamed on the day I fulfilled that promise and asked YN the marry me. It was an amazing dream. I hope that ill be able to fulfill that promise soon. But until then, I'm fine with the way things are. We are both together and love eachother. She's happy. I couldn't ask for anything better. And on February 14th 2018, I promised to always be there for YN. Wait a sec, February 14!?!? Its Valentine's day!! How did I forget!! Well I guess, if I knew it or not, we went on her dream date for Valentine's day. I couldn't love anything more then I love her, and if happy she feels the same way.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy lately with school and such and didn't have time to write. But today I was able to make time. I actually wrote this on the 12th, so I had it ready for Valentine's morning. I hope you liked it! I had a bit of help from lainerose1313. She gave me a bunch of good ideas and she gave me the inspiration to do a Valentine's special. If it wasn't for her, I would have never added the promise ring in here. So shout out to her. She's a great writer. Also be sure to vote to show your enjoying the series and comment any ideas for what you think should happen next. With that being said, bye guys!! 🙋🙋