Second Chance - Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Chloe

Me and Cass walked into the gym and I said hello to a few of Logan’s colleagues that I knew.

“You really do come here a lot, don’t you?” Cass said.

I flexed the teeny, tiny almost non-existent muscles in my arms. “Yep.”

She smirked. “It doesn’t seem to be doing anything.”

“I don’t come to lift weights and bulk up, I do cardio to keep fit. Your brother is the one lifting stupidly heavy stuff.”

“I don’t understand how he’s not body builder big,” she said.

“Duh, because he’s not a body builder.” Logan was ripped and looked like he’d been carved from stone but he wasn’t huge.

Waving her hand, she pushed the main hall door open. “Whatever.”

Logan was standing by the spinning instructor, no doubt waiting for us. A few of the women that had already arrived were openly gawping at him. He saw us and a huge grin spread across his face. I’d done enough exercising recently for this not to kill but Cassie hadn’t.

He said something else to the woman with legs that went on forever and strolled towards us. “You ready for this?”

“Yes,” Cass replied, glaring at him.

“Good. I’ll be in today’s class.”

I narrowed my eyes. “Why?”

“Adele wanted help with the equipment.”

Glancing around the room, I pursed my lips, ready to fight back. “Looks like the equipment is set up. Good job helping, now you won’t be needed for another hour so why don’t you go train someone or lift something heavy.”

“But then I’ll miss you and my sister gasping for breath and cursing the bikes, sweetheart.”

“That’s the point!” Cassie snapped, cutting in. “You’re being a crap brother right now and you’re meant to be the supportive one.”

Jace was supportive but I knew what she meant, Logan was a pusher whereas Jace sat back and said go for it from his gaming chair.

“I’m here for support,” he replied.

“You’re here to gloat, Logan.” I pointed to the door. “Out.”

He pointed up to a camera in the corner of the room. “I’ll be watching, ladies. Good luck, Cass.”

Without planning it me and Cassie slapped either arm as he walked past.

“He is so my least favourite brother,” she said.

Smiling, I took my jacket off and chucked it behind one of the bikes. “That used to be the other way around.”

“Yeah, well, since Jace died Logan’s taken it upon himself to make up for Jace’s half of annoy the fuck outta Cassie. I swear if I have a boy first…” She stopped talking as she realised what she was about to say. The likeliness of Cass ever having a biological child was very slim. She had cysts on her ovaries and was told it was almost impossible for her to conceive naturally.

“Hey, don’t do that. You’ll have a child one day.”

“Yeah, I will. And, hey, I can stroll into that adoption centre and pick out the least awkward looking ones from the cages.” She cracked a smile.