~Chapter Thirty Five~*

🌶/ Mature content in this chapter\🌶

🚗~🌸~❤️
Intimacy is not purely physical.
It's the act of connecting
with someone so deeply,
you feel like you can
see into their soul.

-Unknown
❤️~🌸~🚗

Aidan and I ended up driving to the lake where we both now lay in the back section of his Dad's truck, staring up at the clear sky and the shimmering stars it has to offer. Each correlation seems to create shape after shape of various patterns; making a game of our own easy to slip into.

"That one looks like a love heart." states Aidan, motioning to our left.

The cluster of stars he is referring to resemble nothing of the sort and likely only saying so as means of appearing more romantic, I call him out on his bullshit.

"No it doesn't," I laugh, levelling my gaze with his own by practically straddling him. "You're just saying that." I accuse, rubbing my nose against his and going in for a kiss soon after.

"Maybe." he smiles, undergoing an intense sit up with me still very much attached at the waist.

In doing so, our once sweet kiss deepens into a gentle fight, where in which I see myself fast losing to the dominating tongue of Aidan's. His teeth nibble at my lower lip and each breath we take becomes a moment of exchange as we share the air surrounding us, intimately so.

"I could do this forever." he whispers, gently caressing both my cheeks with his callous fingers.

"Fine by me." I reply, carelessly dragging my hands down the front of his white shirt and smirking my way through each muscle contracting against my palms.

His chest is warm and expands rather rapidly as his ever quickening breath gains speed, though in juxtaposition to his obvious approval, he makes a suggestion that sees all touching motions stop.

"Wanna go for a swim?"

We both remain silent whilst I think over his offer, marvelling in the relaxing tones of the water's ripple and the odd sounding chirp from a nearby bird. It's nice being in the company of a person I can completely be myself around, without the added burden of having to think of something relevant to say. It's always been this easy with Aidan and even in the beginning when I somewhat disliked him, I found I could still talk to him with with minimal effort.

He's so natural to be around.

"We can't," I protest, shivering at just the thought. "We'd ruin our clothes."

The car's headlights skim over the surface of the lake, making a midnight swim seem awfully tempting, yet slightly risky at the same time. There's no doubt it would be fun but are we really equipped for such activities? Between us, we're wearing roughly $300 worth of stuff and I'm almost certain Hannah would have kittens if I got my lovely dress ruined. Then there's the issue of not having a towel for after we get out. Drip drying may be an option during the day but with the sun long gone, It's simply a no go as of right now.

"We could take our clothes off," he counters, coming up with a solution almost instantly. "Swim in our underwear?" he adds, as if merely stating his opinion on this evenings weather.

"No, I can't."

My reply is instant and straight to the point, though it would seem Aidan has other ideas and in doing so, tries his utmost best to change my mind.

"Come on, Amelia! It'll be like we're in our swim suits. Nothing to be embarrassed about." he soothes, turning his bright smile on me.

"I'm not embarrassed."