十八

"is it true?"

"what?"

"that you're cheating on me?"

"of course not, baby."

"don't lie to me."

"i would never lie to you. you know this."

"...okay."

"i need to run some errands. i'll be back in a few, okay? i love you."

"i love you more."

the door clicked as jeongguk exited the apartment, getting into his sleek black car to run errands. he drove out of the area to meet up with a friend.

the two were quite close. not close enough to the point where there were intimate feelings shown. you could say that they were friends with benefits; but jeongguk's friend wanted more benefits. his friend wanted to be more than "friends with benefits".

it was quite an odd relationship. one was an ocean creature another was a land creature. the ocean creature had always wanted to be on land. land seemed so mesmerizing to the sea creature. aforementioned sea creature would always gaze at the shore from afar, one day, watching a land creature walk towards the sea. no land creature dared to go too close in fear of the hidden monsters below. the land creature never listened to the warnings about the sea, the creature would do whatever it pleased. it would swim far into the vast ocean, chase after others, roll around until there was dirt colored in each crevice of it's joints. the land creature was often seen with another creature, a more feminine and delicate one. the feminine one seemed to follow the land creature wherever it went, nuzzling close to it when it was chilly under the starry night. the poor sea creature longed for someone to swim alongside them, but no one dared to do so. the sea creature was graceful frolicking in the waves, it's sleek skin shimmering under the moonlight. the land creature never paid attention to the sea creature. that was before the land creature decided to swim with the sea creature.

the feminine one was left behind, having no clue where their friend went. the lonely creature never found out what happened to their friend.

rumors spread around that some had seen the troublesome land creature swimming with the sea creature. the feminine creature never dared to believe the rumors. that was until the creature saw their friend swimming with the sea creature.

[ unedited ]

a/n—

ahh sorry for the super long hiatus! life has been pretty hectic and I'm trying to get this chapter out for you all that have been patiently waiting (thank you!). to clear up some things;

yes, this book is not planned. i know that's pretty bad, but i don't really plan out my books. my "books" are just thoughts that spill out of my mind.

the title of the book jeongguk left behind, The Book of Lies, will make sense in later chapters! everything will (hopefully) explain what happened between the once-lovers & clear up some of your confusion.

near the end of the book I will post a Q&A for those who still have questions or have a question about the book that wasn't thoroughly explained.

until then, thank you all for reading! i hope you all enjoy & don't get too mad at gukkie!