Chapter 7

Layna laughed as she saw him fumbling in the water. She was soon joined by her sisters and Alan who hooted Layna's courageous attempt.

"You should have told me you wanted to swim that bad, I would have lent you swimwear," Alan spoke as he addressed Thomas but looked at Layna and winked at her.

Thomas smiled and surprised Layna by taking the entire forced dip in the pool sportingly, “Couldn’t help, you seemed to be having too much fun." His drawl came out self mocking.

"It's an honor to have your company here," Emily chimed as she chuckled.

Thomas glanced at Layna and found her trying to contain her laughter," Trust me, the honor is all mine, Miss Patt."

"Take off your socks and shoes, now that you're in, let’s play water polo," Alan presented his views and without waiting for a response swam in to get the equipment.

"Hope you weren't carrying your wallet or phone?" Mia asked.

Thomas shook his head in negative, “No, lucky for me, I had removed them before venturing here," and took off his socks and shoes.

He snuck a glance at Layna, pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes in mock anger.

"I hope the water is warm, Mr. Conrad," Layna chirped.

"Just lovely, Miss Patt," Thomas drawled.

He looked rather fetching with his shirt plastered on his chest.

And what a chest it was, all muscles and planes. Layna felt oddly giddy.

When she giggled, Thomas asked her," Are you mocking me?" He pretended to boom out his voice in fury.

Layna chuckled but shook her head and raised her hands in surrender," I couldn't dream of doing that."