Chapter 7- Occasions

Start from the beginning

“Hey, Azze! We just finished taping and-“ He said in a jolly voice. Oh what his voice does to women.

“Did I disturb you?” I asked, starting to regret calling him.

“No. Not at all. So why did you call?” He said sounding curious.

“Ummm….” I don’t know what to say. Just invite him, for Pete’s sake!

“Ummm?”

“Ummm…. There’s a party this weekend. I just wanted to invite you if you want to go with me. Its okay if you don’t want to. I understand.” I said nervously and bit my bottom lip as I waited for his response.

“Ohhh… I’d like to go with you, it would be an honour.”

###

I went shopping for a gift and a dress. I bought Shaira and her husband a personalized matching couple shirts, mugs and necklaces.

I combed my hair once again and I think I’m ready. I then, heard the doorbell ringing.

I looked at myself on the mirror and all those hours watching make-up techniques on youtube paid out well. I smiled at myself thinking, ‘Good job.’ But we all know that even without these make-ups on, I would still be the most beautiful woman in this universe, right?

I went to the living room and opened my main door.

“Hi.” Lee said as a smile formed in his kissable lips. Oh how much I want to kiss those lips again.

He was in long sleeve shirt, jeans and a pair of converse yet he still looked classy.

“Hey.” I greeted him with a smile and pecked his cheeks.

“You look gorgeous.” he said which made my cheeks fluster red. I looked at my shoes for a while and gazed back at him.

“You look more handsome than ever.” I said and admired him, he smiled in return.

“Let’s go?”

^^^

We were greeted by Shaira and Beau, Shaira’s husband, in the front porch of their house. I could hear people talking inside.

“Happy Anniversary!” I said and hugged the Shaira and Beau.

“Happy Anniversary.” Lee greeted the two of them. The couple thanked him and turned their gaze towards me.

“You’re late.” Shaira said with a serious look. I know how to change that.