The Calling

(Im giving her a real name now, its Lauren)

Its been 2 weeks since that odd dream and Lauren can't stop thinking about it especially after the dogs were in her house. She had managed to get them all adopted but she kept one a male staffordshire bull terrier named Bubba. He was the sweetest dog she had ever met and wouldn't stop following her around. She was taking Bubba on a walk when all of a sudden she heard a moan come from the alley way near her apartment. Bubba, being the dog he is, started barking. The dream had always been in the back of her mind and this reminded her of it so she walked over to check it out. She walked to the end of the alley and back but couldn't find the source of the noise so she gave up. She continued to walk and convinced herself she was just being paranoid but then again Bubba did bark at it which he rarely did. She walked down to the coffee shop and back but stopped infront of the alley where she had heard the noise before. She spotted a garbage can that looked like it was shaking and her curiosity had gotten the best of her. She walked over to the garbage pulling Bubbas leash closer to her. She lifted up the lid and screamed as light blasted out of the garbage pushing her against the wall. Her vision became white and blurry but returned within a few seconds. When she opened her eyes again she was surrounded by grass and flowers. She paniked for a second realizing she couldn't find Bubba but he was right behind her the whole time. She got up off the floor and looked around.