Kaiden, for a moment, forgot all his troubles as their breathing remained in sync. For the first time since connecting the bond, he felt their souls getting closer. Or maybe it felt that way because they have been making physical contact for over an hour and it hurts when they don't.

Milokan moved his legs, and Kaiden realised they had intertwined with his. The angel was waking up with a smile despite the stress he had felt, leading him to collapse. Kaiden was staring at him with a forehead creased with concern when he opened his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" the demon questioned before Milokan had the chance to assess the situation.

"A little confused. What happened?"

"You fainted, which I didn't know angels could do."

Milokan paused but didn't move an inch, wanting to stay in the demon's arms forever.

"Well, I am not a pure angel; I was not conceived by the power of soulmates. There is a separation between other angels and me now."

"At least we have answers."

Milokan felt Kaiden's body relax.

"Did I make you worry?"

Kaiden nodded and said, "I stressed out and yelled at everyone. Zachariah will dislike me now."

Milokan saw Kaiden's vulnerability as it sat within the nervous twitch of his mouth. It was a rare emotion for him to release, and the angel knew it would be gone soon.

"He will understand. You panicked, that's all."

"Yeah well, don't go fainting on me again." And just like that, Kaiden's hard wall of blank emotions was back. "You need to be strong."

Milokan reached up and rested a hand on Kaiden's cheek, feeling his stubble.

"I am not built that way, and I cannot be strong if I do not feel it. If I worry in stressful situations, that is just who I am. We are not all masters of being brave like you are, Kaiden."

Kaiden slowly lifted his arm and placed his hand on top of his soulmate's. He shuffled down the bed until their heads were level and very close.

"You need to teach me how to accept change. I don't see the differences in people's personalities. If they're not like me, I don't want to get to know them. I hate that about myself."

The power of Milokan's touch had knocked Kaiden's walls down with minimal effort.

"You are trying with me, even when I annoy you. That is a start."

"I have to like you, though. You're my soulmate."

Milokan chuckled lightly, and a gloss of satisfaction covered the demon's eyes. They softened only for the angel, and he loved that.

"I suppose you do. If you spend enough time with me, maybe you will start to like me instead of the bond forcing you to feel that way."

Kaiden had somewhat dug himself a hole. He did like Milokan but worded it wrong. To cover it up, he moved his head closer until their noses brushed together and their lips connected. He tightened his arms around the angel, not feeling embarrassed or ashamed. He wanted it, and there was no point fighting against it, not when they need each other more now than ever before.

Milokan kissed him back, feeling content and stuffed with affection.

"Thank you," he whispered against his lips, "for making me feel better."

Kaiden rested their foreheads together.

"Stop thanking my sympathy."

"No." Milokan moved his hand around the demon's head and softly played with the back of his hair. "It is new to you, so I will compliment it until it is normal for you to be kind to me."

Kaiden suddenly rolled over, squishing the angel underneath him. He rested on his forearms and stared into Milokan's eyes with only centimetres separating their faces.

"It's getting harder for my demon traits to come out when we're alone."

"Good. That is progression and fast progression. You have come a long way since we met. I am proud of you."

Kaiden's lips twitched towards a smile, not able to express one with ease. Warmth provoked his heart at Milokan's appraisal.

When they heard noises coming from outside, Kaiden tensed and sat up with a scowl. Milokan sighed and climbed out of bed. Their tender moment was over for now, and it was time to face his problems.

"Do you think Zachariah is still here?" Milokan asked.

Kaiden nodded and walked to the door when he could hear hushed voices. He pulled it open, and someone jumped back, startled by his presence. The woman chuckled nervously with a hand over her thumping heart.

"Hello Kaiden," she beamed and glanced at Zachariah standing next to her. Zachariah smiled too, but his eyes were concerned. "Corey told us that you were awake, so we wondered if we could talk to you until Milokan wakes up?" Just as Jenny, Zachariah's soulmate, finished speaking, the young angel appeared by the demon's side.

"I am awake now," he said shyly and stared up at Zachariah with curiosity.

Kaiden felt him tug on his sleeve and their hands found each other. His grip was very tight.

"Can we come in?" Jenny asked When the corners of Zachariah's eyes twinkled with tears.

Kaiden stood to the side and allowed them to enter. He shut the door, not knowing what to do, but Milokan let go of his hand and stepped forwards. Kaiden wanted to pull him back to safety, but his gut was screaming at him not to intervene.

The two angels shared a deep connection, something that wasn't seen but only felt. Milokan knew in the pit of his heart that he was staring at his parent, his true blood, his biological father. He could see it in his features, and he could feel it in his aura. They were related, and Zachariah felt the same about him.

"Dad?" Milokan whispered, and Zachariah could no longer keep his composure. That word, it meant so much to him. The tears slid from his eyes, and he rushed to his child, embracing him in a hug so meaningful that Milokan's emotion ached.

Kaiden tensed and clenched his jaw, but he couldn't interrupt them.

Milokan hugged Zachariah in return, letting go of the stress, the worry, and the panic. He smelt just like him, the diluted scent of wildflowers.

"I have waited so long to meet you. This day means so much to me," Zachariah mumbled into his shoulder, trying not to cry.

"Panuleon told me how you visited heaven, looking for me." Milokan pulled back. "Are you sure you want this? I do not want you to be reminded of... of such a horrible time in your life."

Zachariah rested his hands on his shoulders with a nod.

"You are my son, Milokan. You are my flesh and blood; I could never deprive you of a father when I'm right here. I want you in my life, and that's that. It happened a long time ago, I am no longer affected by it because you are here, and that is all I want." Zachariah pulled him into another hug, barely believing the day had finally arrived.

They spent a moment, letting their feeling flow freely, cleansing their systems. Eventually, they parted with heavy hearts and big smiles.

"Are you feeling better? You got a bit overwhelmed earlier, yes?" Zachariah resisted the temptation to ruffle his hair. He needed to take it one step at a time.

"Yes. Kaiden took care of me, so now I feel better."

Zachariah turned to the demon and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm glad you have each other. A bond between soulmates guarantees a life full of happiness." He then turned and took the woman's hand who had been standing patiently behind him. "This is my soulmate, Jenny." He watched her grin with an endearing smile of his own.

"Hello Jenny," Milokan beamed and in that single second, he knew his future would be full of acceptance and love from the people who will now be there for him, no matter what. It was such a new feeling, knowing he has people in his life who cared.