Chapter 3: Britney x3

Start from the beginning

"We actually were only there for a bit," said Brittany. "Then Santana wanted to go to Hawaii. She's visiting her mom and her abuela right now but she said she'd make it here later. We're here all week and then we're off to New York."

 "Brittany called me this weekend," Mr. Schue continued, "to let me know she was dropping by just in time to sing Britney songs. And she has a special competition she wants to hold."

"That's right bitches," Brittany said with a smile, to which Mr. Schue didn't seem too happy. "I want all of you to get ready because it's time to find the new Brittany." I looked over at Kitty. "Since I graduated last year, there was a gap left in the dancers, which from the looks of the crowd... Anyway, Blaine Warbler was chosen as the new Rachel last year through a really shady poll-- I was second place so I know it was rigged-- and many considered Marley to be the new Rachel, while Rachel herself wanted it to be Tina but on many occasions told us she thought it was Julie." Marley and I glanced at each other. Brittany was definitely not helping mend the awkwardness in the room.

"Get to the point..." murmured Mr. Schue, noting the tension growing. "Please."

"Right," said Brittany. She turned to us and continued, "So now it's time to see who has the dancing bombasity to be highlighted during dance numbers. I basically need those of you who consider yourselves to be the best dancers to step up and show me what you've got."

Bree laughed. "Easy," she said. "Girls?" I turned to Kitty, who smiled at me and nodded. We had been working on a Britney song over the summer for the Cheerios, so we decided to go ahead and do the number then, a unanimous agreement from just making eyecontact. We got up, Bree informed the band of the song, and we stood as Brittany went to take a seat.

Kitty: Lalala, lalalalala. Lalala, lalalalala.

Kitty, Bree, and Julie: Lalala, lalalalala. Lalala, lalalalala.

Marley crossed her arms, evidently not very thrilled, and Unique shook her head at us. Bree just smirked at them as Kitty took the center.

Kitty: Oh baby, baby, have you seen Amy tonight? Is she in the bathroom is she smokin' up outside, oh!

I loved dancing in my uniform. It spun from the bottom and looked so cool.

Kitty: Oh baby, baby, does she take a piece of lime for the drink that I'm gon' buy her? Do you know just what she likes, oh!

Julie: Oh, oh, tell me have you seen her because I'm so, oh, I can't get her off of my brain

Kitty: I just want to go to the party she gon' go. Can somebody take me home? 

Julie and Kitty: Ha, ha, he, he, ha, ha, ho

Bree was doing some elaborate stunts from our cheerleading routines and everyone seemed impressed, even Marley and Unique, though they tried to hide it. I went on to sing lead in the chorus, trying not to make eye contact with any of them so that nobody would think I was singing to them. That tended to happen.

Julie with Kitty and Bree: Love me, hate me, say what you want about me. All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy. Love me, hate me, but can't you see what I see. All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy.

Bree definitely wanted to let Marley know how she felt about her as she took the center.

Kitty, Bree, and Julie: Lalala, lalalalala. Lalala, lalalalala.

Bree: Amy told me that she's gonna meet me up. I don't know where or when and now 

Kitty, Bree, and Julie: They're closing up the club, oh