Part Three - Homesick

Melon's POV:

It soon became midnight. Sugar and his Papyrus went to bed and I stayed on the couch. Alone and awake. I tried to sleep, but I just couldn't. I started to miss Papyrus and my home. "Where could he be... is he hurt? Is he lost?" I whispered to myself. I decided that I should probably go out and see if that circle thing is still there. I stood up and tip-toed to the front door to the house as quietly as I could. I silently unlocked and opened the door, wondering about Papyrus and about everyone else at home.
I left the house and closed the door behind me. I pulled my hood up and started walking back to where I remembered falling into the sugar. After a little bit of being shady, I found the spot that I was at. I left a few watermellon seeds on the ground from my hoodie and I could practically see a mark on the ground shaped like my face. I looked around as hard as I could but... the way home was nowhere to be found. After a few more minutes of searching, I just sighed and walked back to Sugar's house.

I started to wonder... is there even a way back home? Is Papyrus somewhere around here? I opened the door to face Sugar. I sweatdropped and smiled shyly. "Where were you?" Sugar asked, looking a bit worried. "I j-just went on a walk for fresh air." I lied and pulled my hood off of my head. Sugar squinted his eyes and hummed in a questionable tone. I scratched the back of my neck shyly and made a small smile. "I also wondered what this Snowdin looked like compared to mine too. Everything here is made of candy!" I lied with a sprinkle of truth.

Sugar bought the lies after a few more minutes of staring. "Okay... I just worried for you. A lot of shady people from other universes come here at night. I watched them talk before. I caught a few names from listening closely too! Ink, Blue, Dream, Error, Nightmare, Cross, Dust, Horror and Killer. There were some other names, but they were all Sanses like us! Shady, right?" Sugar thoroughly explained. He stepped aside so that I could enter.

I went in and closed the door behind myself. "That does sound pretty strange. I think Papyrus used to tell me about how he saw them too! He told me that they would come at random days and fight eachother!" I told him, remembering what had happened. Papyrus was about 6 when it first happened.

"S-Sans!" Papyrus called out for me in the middle of the night. I fell out of my bed from surprise and sat up. "Papyrus?!" I called out. Papyrus ran to me and grabbed my hand. He pulled me to the window that had a large and long watermellon-colored curtain covering it. "What's wrong?" I asked. I heard yelling outside and slowly opened the curtain, but not too far. I peeked at the scene. A colorful skeleton was fighting a darker one that had glitches all over him. The darker skeleton shot blue strings at the colorful one with his fingers.

After a little while, more skeletons appeared and fought eachother. Papyrus was obviously frightened by this and he started rambling about them. I closed the curtain and turned to face him. "It's okay Papyrus, they're going to be okay. We'll be okay too. Do you want me to read to you about Fluffy Bunny?" I suggested and hugged Papyrus's small and frail body. "Yeah! I would like that!" Papyrus replied cheerfully. I carried him upstairs and read to him until I fell back asleep.

Sugar luckily went back to his room while I was remembering. I sat on the couch teary-eyed, missing Papyrus. I even missed his odd cooking! I hugged myself and wondered when I would be able to hug him. He's my best friend... he's the one I tell everything to... he's my brother... and he's out there somewhere. Lost? Afraid? Alone? Hurt? When will I be able to see him again? I cried and cried until I fell asleep. I even saw Papyrus in my dreams, and it hurt. It hurt so much..........