The Devil Likes My Collarbones

Start from the beginning

My vinyl started playing one of the best songs ever made – Don't stop believing by Journey, and the devil stripped me naked with his eyes from top to bottom. Figuratively, of course.

»You've got potential.« He said with a patronizing voice. »You just need to get out of those geeky clothes.«

»What's wrong with my *Fairy Tail shirt?« I looked at my green shirt with short sleeves and a picture of a redhead female warrior on its front side. Yeah, another one of my little obsessions. I tried watching an anime with a vampire theme once, but the whole – brother/sister incest just put me off. Thankfully I found this brilliant anime. *Erza is seriously my role model. Beside *Xena, the warrior princess and of course – *Buffy, the vampire slayer.

»He is not into hipsters.«

»I'm not a hipster! Besides, how do you know what is he into?« I lifted my eyebrow. And how do you know what's a hipster?

»That is irrelevant. You'll need a dress. Or really tight pants.«

»What?«

»Men like to see the curves of a female body.«

»That's just stupid.«

»It is the truth.«

»It's a stupid truth. Besides, I'm not exactly curvy.« Now, that was the truth. »I don't have big boobs or a big butt.« There was absolutely nothing seductive about my skinny-ass body.

»You don't need big boobs or a big butt to be femme fatale. All you need are big brains.«

»What?«

»Ever heard about arousal by conversation?«

»No...«

»You can seduce someone just by talking to them. You get all fired up, he gets all fired up...Before you know it you are both in flames of your own desire.« He moved across the bedroom floor on my rotating chair, until he was close enough to me. Until I felt the heat escaping his body. »Besides,« He pulled my oversized Fairy Tail shirt off my right shoulder. I jumped in fear of that dreadful kiss and held my breath. What did I do wrong? »those are not the only curves on a female body.« He seductively traced his rough fingertips across my bare skin. »Collarbones are extremely alluring.« He said and bit his lower lip as if he was tempted to bite into me.

He glimpsed at my eyes for a second and pushed away on the other side of the room. »Don't worry, I've got no intention of punishing you like that anymore. It did nothing for me. Besides,« He smiled with the left corner of his lips. »I found way better punishments in this book.« He lifted up Fifty Shades of Grey.

I felt my own heat rising inside of me, coloring my cheeks in fifty shades of tomato. »I'm not doing that.« I said, decisive.

»It's not you who'll be doing anything. It will be me.« He cackled evilly. »Just don't get punished and it will be alright.«

»So what about my request?« I quickly changed the subject.

»As I said, a change of wardrobe will be necessary, read up on some sport themes – like Barcelona football club, this year's World Cup, and we'll throw in some sexy talk...«

»What?«

»In-between the lines, of course. Arousal can be a very pleasurable state where you feel more alive.  Sometimes we are aroused even by negative emotions, such as fear and horror.« He stared at me with those red eyes of his.

»I'm definitely not doing the  talk, and that – aroused by fear crap – not my thing.«

He stood up and put his hands behind his back and stepped closer to me, making that tsk sound with his mouth. »Remeber the third rule of your contract – When it comes to an assignment or a request you must always do what you are told and obey me completely. If you will not, I am seriously considering using something from page 204.« He gave me a hint regarding my dirty book. »And fear,« He gently touched my cheek and his lips twitch into a slight smile. »gets your blood pumping. Just like sexual arousal. They are both tempting to give in, both scary and delightful, just like fire.«

»I don't find fear delightful,« I swallowed. »and everyone knows that touching fire gets you burned.« I said all those words but all I wanted to know was what the hell was on page 204...

»That reminds me,« He squinted his eyes. »you will need to touch him.«

This was really getting out of my comfort zone. First the talk, now this... » I really don't want to...« I mumbled.

He grimaced his face in annoyance. »You've got a dirty mind, little Lux.« He suddenly pressed one of his hot palms against my skin, right above my elbow. »I meant – touch him like this. People subconsciously trust you more and find you more attractive if you touch them every once in a while. So, if you're going to the bathroom, or getting a drink, remember – touch him here,« He pointed to his hand. I felt his heath on my flesh, but I didn't care...Somewhat this made me thristy for more of his touches. Lust will do that to you. »and occasionally say his name.«

»Mhm.« I nodded. I wanted Arijan, but Lucifer...well, the devil was tempting, go figure. Everything about him was sinful – his lovely carved lips, his red eyes whose eyelids were always a little lowered, his self-righteous stand, and those hands with rough fingertips... »Violin!« I broke the spell of my own thoughts.

»What?« He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

»You like music, so I was wondering what you think about violin players.« What the hell am I talking about? »You know, I saw this girl once, an Asian girl on a TV, and she was playing her violin perfectly, never missing a note, but she was always looking at her hands, and you know, I could see that she saw music like math – only numbers, only perfection, only rules.« I blurted out my verbal diarrhea. »And then I saw another girl playing a violin, now she, she had her eyes closed the whole time. I saw the music going in her and out of her. I could see the sad notes on her face, in the way she moved her body. This one saw music like an art, not like science. Opposed to that other girl.« I gasped for air.

Lucifer stared at me for a while, his lips forming a slight smile. »I agree.« Was all he replied.

»You do?« I was still gasping for air.

»Yes. Music should be art, not science.« Red eyes were burning into me, curiously. »I'll play something for you once.«

»You play?« I asked, surprised.

»Guitar and piano.«

Huh, so the devil is a musician.

I nodded. »I promise that I will do what you instructed me, at the party. I'll do my best.« I smiled, trying to get him to leave. This wasn't good. Musicians are my weak point, my kryptonit.

»I know you will.« He murmured. »And I'll be there, whispering into your ear. Just in case.« He made that half smile of his right before he disappeared again.

Great. Just great. The devil will be lurking over me, while I'll be talking to Arijan, and if I don't let him, he will punish me Christian Grey style.

That reminds me...what the hell is on page 204?

Glossary: 

1. Fairy Tail: A japanese anime with supernatural elements - heroes live in a world of magic. 

2. Erza: A character from Fairy Tail - a total badass girl. 

3. Xena: A character from an old TV series - Xena the warrior princess, a badass girl. 

4. Buffy: A character from an old TV series - Buffy the vampire slayer - also, a badass girl. 

Author's note: Hi guys! I hope you're having a nice day, week, month, I'm currently buried in exams -.- Anyway, I hope you liked the new chapter, please comment, tell me your opinion on the story, characters...vote if you like, read&enjoy!