Chapter 35

“How come you, a magician, is threatening a noble!  Can’t you see what is happening here?  We are the ones who are disadvantaged, not the mercenaries!

The agitated nobleman’s son started to protest roughly, and he started to move around as he ignored the wound the knife was making on his throat.

“You guys don’t even know how to be respectful to an elder. I need to teach you rude bastards a lesson. ”

“Eeeek. You are the one who butted in first! You meddled in the affairs of another noble. Even though you are a magician, do not think you will escape this unscathed! Any ways, who are you guys!”

The old man clicked his tongue when the nobleman’s son didn’t backed down and he lashed back. The man named Philip flinched a little bit. Now that one thought about it… They probably weren’t nobles of this country. They must be foreign nobles in the midst of traveling. If they interfered in the affairs of another country’s noble, wouldn’t the troubles between the nations spread?

They were worried that they may have gotten involved in a situation where the nobleman’s son might be blameless. However, the old man had a lofty bearing, and he refused to back down.

At that moment, another unfamiliar person interjected himself. He spoke in a prim voice.

“He is the top magician of the Karter’s Imperial House, Saerium von Argeo-nim. I’ve heard news that he was visiting Halberk. I didn’t expect to meet you in a circumstance such as this.”

“..Huh?”

“Leo!”

The young man had a neat face with purple eyes. He has blond hair that reached his shoulders, and he seemed to be in his 20s? Like the nobleman’s son, he traveled with 10 knight in tow. The party members, and of course, everyone in the surrounding made a surprised expression when they heard the words he spat out.

“How can you be in such a state, big brother?”

“ …!! ”

B, big brother? Does this mean he is the younger brother of the nobleman’s son? His identity was confirmed when the leader of the knights, who was standing stiffly, started to greet him.

“I give my greetings to Young master Regaleo. What brings you to this place…”

“That is a question I would like to ask, Sir Crent. What is happening here? How come my big brother is in that situation? Also, as the leader of his knights, why aren’t you doing anything?”

“It, it isn’t that I’m not doing anything… This situation happened so suddenly so…”

“I don’t want to hear your excuses. Later, I’ll bring you up on charges for not being able to serve your master properly. I don’t know what has happened, but lad? Could you let go of my older brother first? I promise you won’t be punished for this situation.”

When he said this, Tromwell shrugged his shoulders then he let go of the man’s throat. Once he retained his life, the man hurriedly looked at his younger brother in anger.

“What are you doing, Leo? You shouldn’t interfere in my affairs!”

Even though he was the one who’s done wrong and he had been save by his younger brother, he turned his scathing gaze towards his younger brother. Even though he should feel a little bit aggrieved, the young man named Leo smiled gently then he answered back in a prim voice.

“First, big brother’s safety has to be prioritized. I don’t know what happened here, but the situation was dire. Shouldn’t I have stepped forward to mediate the situation?”