Christmas Eve! (Trayvon's P.O.V)

I'm feeling like a total girl! Santos has been pampering me all damn day! If he wasn't lovey-dovey before I told him all that stuff, he definitely is now. Watch this shit. "Baby, my feet hurt." I say. "Hop on, papi." Santos replies and squats down so I can get on his back. See? "Thank you." I say and rest my head on top of his. We're out doing last minute Christmas shopping before we have to go home and cook a specialty dish. "When she was just a girl, she expected the world. But it flew away from her reach. So she ran away in her sleep." We start to sing Paradise by Coldplay. For a long time, I've been saying that I wonder what it would feel like to have a relationship that gains so much attention. Like Koley. And in this moment, I'm experiencing it. And it feels great! People are snapping pictures as we walk through the mall. "So are your parents coming to church with us in the morning?" I ask. "No. My parents don't do church. Actually, they're atheists." Santos responds and walks into Target. "Really?" "Yea. But my grandmother insisted on teaching me the word. Baptists don't play." "You ain't know?" I say and we laugh. "Damn! That ass!" Someone says while slapping the hell outta my buttocks. Santos turns around and we see Raven. "You gotta stop doing that, female. Thought I was gonna have to get real ghetto in here." He says and I laugh into his shoulder. "I'm sorry. You right, you right." She says and waves as she and Davantae walk off. "From now on, you wear a size 42. So niggahs don't see that ass." Santos and I laugh for 2 reasons. One, what he said was funny. Two, this is the first time he has said 'niggah' since the black card was approved. "Had you feeling some type of way, huh?" I ask. "Hell yea. I mean, I know you fine but you belong to me and me only." Santos says. "Well then." I reply and pinch his cheek. "What do you think my parents would like?" He asks me. "Your mom would probably like a tennis bracelet. And your dad would like a new car but would settle for a golf set." I say. "Why do you know that?" Santos asks. "I don't know. Y'all are like upper middle class. So yea." I respond and he laughs.

*11:30 p.m.*

"Is it possible that you guys could not be so cute?" Mrs. Brooks says as she pinches our cheeks. I laugh as Santos groans. He and I were up doing some late night cooking. "We'll try to tone it down, Mrs. Brooks." I reply and turn back to the turnovers I was making. Smack! "Damn, Chresanto! Heavy handed ahh!" I say as I rub my buttocks. "You know you like it." He whispers in my ear. "I'll deny that to the fullest." I say and he laughs before walking off. After I had taken out the second batch of turnovers, I hear Santos call my name. "Yo?" I say when I walk into his room. "Lemme talk to you for a minute." He says and I climb onto his bed. "What's up?" "Remember, a couple months ago, when you told me that you loved me?" He asks and I nod. "I've been doing a lot of thinking and the more time I spend with you, the more my heart swells. I think of everything you have been through and I admire your ability to overlook those things and open up to me. I guess what it boils down to is that ... I love you." Santos says and an alarm goes off. "I planned this so it would have been said on Christmas Day." He says and I attack his lips with a kiss. "I love you! I love bacon! I love you!" I yell as I place kisses all over his face. "I'll be right back." I say and run out to my car. "Hello?" Thea answers. "Were you sleep, boo?" "Nah. Lost my voice. But what's up?" "Santos told me he loved me!" I yell. "Oh my God! That's great, boo. I can't really express how I feel but I'm happy for you. I'm gonna send you a text with all my emotion." "Hahaha. Ok. Get some rest, Kit-Kat. And tell Cole to take care of you for me." "Tell Santos the same thing. Love you." "Love you too." I sigh contentedly when I hang up. As I'm walking back into the house, my phone buzzes.

Krishmas Kit-Kat: OMG! MY BABY HAS FULLY GROWN UP!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. SANTOS LOVES YOU. TRAY AND SANTOS SITTING IN A TREE. F-U-C-K-I-N-G! NAH, JP, JP. BUT THIS IS AMAZAYN. I'M GONNA GET Y'ALL SOME FLAVORED CONDOMS. EXCUSE THE GROSSNESS. I'M TIRED AND REALLY EXCITED. ALRIGHT, BYE THUGGA!!!! xoxoxoxoxo.

I chuckle as I read the message. Life keeps getting better and better. More than I could ever ask for.