Cole's P. O. V.

"I cannot and will not take you seriously if you don't know who Tupac is." I said as me, Mr. Williams, Santos and Tray sat in the living room. "Real niggah, yah heard!" Kyrie says and we bust up. "Come and get it!" Mrs. Williams calls and we all get up and rush into the kitchen. "Everything or nah?" Kyrie asks. "Everything." We all reply. Once everybody has their plates and drinks, we sit at the table and say grace. "I just noticed that I have stage fright and the choir contest is coming up." Tray says and we laugh. "We're probably gonna have to suck it up and just sing." I say. "But do you know how many people it's gonna be? 7 classes worth!" Kyrie says. "Y'all will be fine. We gone come down and embarrass the shit outta y'all." Mrs. Williams says and we laugh.

*3 hours later*

I laid in Kyrie's bed with her, watching a movie. "Don't go to sleep. You can get ya cash on, niggah if ya deep." Kyrie sang as she poked my cheek. "Love me, niggah!" She yells and I try so hard to ignore her because when she gets like this, she's adorable! "You should get a tattoo on  your neck. Or back. Or belly button." She says and on the inside, I can't stop laughing. "Braid my hair!" She says and straddles my waist. Ok! Something new. As my eyes are fixed on the tv, Kyrie is pulling my cheeks. "May I help you?" I ask. "Oh, now you wanna respond. I should punch you." She says. "But I love you." "You better. I gave you my piece of cornbread. If that ain't love, I don't know what is." Kyrie says and we Bol. "So, I'm gonna miss you. Leaving me for 3 days." "I'm gonna miss you too. But aye, niggah had it coming." I say and lean up to wrap my arms around her waist. "True. So, something special is happening in 11 days. Something very important." Kyrie says. "What?" "It has to do with me and you and our relatives getting together for a special, once in a lifetime experience." "Me getting a jet?" "No. Something that every person can't wait for it to happen." "Losing their virginity?" "Cole!" Kyrie says and I laugh. "Your birthday is coming up. I know that. My baby was born October 2nd, 1997 at 9:53 a.m. at Children's Hospital in St. Paul, Minnesota." I say. "Aww. And my baby was born December 19th, 1997 at 11:30 a.m. at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota." She says and kisses me. I freaking love this chick. "You said that for a reason. What you want?" I ask. "To meet Tupac." She says. "If I could, I'd make it happen. Anything else?" "See the Tupac hologram." "Anything that I can fathom?" " Hahaha. I don't know then. Whatever you give me will be fine. But what do you want?" Kyrie asks and pokes out her bottom lip and moves her head from side to side. "To be able to call your parents 'mom and dad'. I say and she looks at me with that look. Kyrie gets this look in her eyes when she doesn't know what you're talking about or how to respond. "What do you mean?" She asks and props herself up more into my lap. "You know my parents are dead and you know that I never really had a family. But since I've been with you and I've interacted with your family and friends and I see how you all blend in with one another, I just wanna be a part of that. You get what I'm saying, ma?" I say and she nods. "I'll talk to my parents about it. Anything else besides that?" "Whatever you think I'll like." I say and kiss her chin. She sat limp in my arms and stared off into space. "Novia, you aight?" I ask and she looks down at me. "Yea. I'll be back. Come in the bathroom and I'll shoot." She says and laughs as she climbs out my lap and grabs a towel and clothes. I flop on my back and grab Kyrie's phone. "Babe, what's your password?" I ask. "Nova Scotia." "Why?" "I like the way it sounds. Why is yours Saskatchewan?" "I like the way it sounds." "Ok then." Kyrie responds and walks out. I go to her Facebook and see that she has a new message. I open it. It says: When you gone ride me? *Jaw drops*. I'm beyond ... beyond. I don't even know what to feel, right now!