Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World

Start from the beginning

John facepalmed. "Yeah, should've expected that."

He ran after him, and was greeted with a comical sight.

Mr. Hansen was freaking out about the turtle, who was somehow out of its cage, and was trying to climb Mr. Murphy's leg.

"GET IT OFF!" Mr. Hansen yelled, trying to pull Angel off Mr. Murphy's leg.

"Evan, chill. It's a turtle." Mr. Murphy leaned down and picked him up. "Whose turtle is this?"

"Er, hi," Alex quickly put the turtle back in its cage.

"So irresponsi - " Mr. Hansen started to admonish them.

"Wicked, guys. Thanks for the distraction, Evan was on my case again about drug - I mean, uh - " Mr. Murphy tried to cover up his mistake.

"CONNOR!" Mr. Hansen groaned and dragged the other teacher back out.

"Don't do drugs, kid! Evan, let's get back to our own book. Bye!" Mr. Murphy followed Mr. Hansen out.

"That was awkward," John stared at the two teachers.

"If he stopped smoking drugs, then everything would be alright," Alex pointed out.

"Smoking drugs?" John smirked.

"John! I don't know! Ugh, let's just get back to the dorm."

"Whatever you say," John followed Alexander back to where Eliza and Angelica were.

"Come on, we gotta get to the party," Peggy called, dragging John away.

"Hey, maybe we can get drunk this time without anything happening," John joked.

Maria and Eliza both managed faint smiles, though it was very, very forced. Alex looked completely downcast, though he tried to hide it.

"Bad joke, John," Angelica berated. "Let's go already."

"Sorry! Yeah, yeah." They all got into two cars.

"Whose party is this? Something like Rider or Rodney or something?" Alex asked.

"Raymond? Yeah, well, he can throw a party," John whistled as they slowed down in front of a lit house, throbbing with music and overflowing with people.

"Eliza, you can't drink, okay? And if anything happens, call me or Angie. Also, don't dance too much, the stress and the heat and everything might be too much." Alex rambled.

"Why would I drink? I'm not stupid," Eliza got defensive, her hormones reacting. "Blah, blah, stress, blah, heat." She sighed, and stalked into the house, looking annoyed.

"I think you should listen to your husband, 'Liza," Peggy chastised after her sister, who was already gone.

Eliza ran back, looking ecstatic."MY HUSBAND! I'm married! And Angie is married too! Yay! Peggy, get with Laf please! And Maria with Herc!" Eliza laughed, and grabbed Alex's hand. "Come on, let's PARTAY!"

"Pregnant women!" Angie sighed.

"Enjoy it while it lasts," John followed Eliza and Alex.

Angie shook her head. "Idiots." She followed her boyf - fianc - husband into the party.

oOo

Angie's POV

It had only been half an hour, and everyone, except Eliza, in her group was lost, making out, or drunk.

She cursed as she found Peggy and Laf kissing other people. "What is wrong with you guys?" She sighed, grabbing Peggy. "They just need to admit they're in love!"