We couldn't come this far to just watch it all fall.

I ran down the stairs, skipping a couple of steps. Why did I leave it this long? Why did I leave him in the first place? Couldn't I have talked it out with him like I should have?

I ran to the door and opened it quickly. Just as I was about to run down my drive, I bumped into a body with force. Luckily, a pair of arms shot out to grab me before I fell. I welcomed them, they smelt like him.

"Cali," he breathed as he fully took me into his arms.

"Kyle, I'm so sorry, I am I didn't mean it, I was so stupid and-" I rambled.

"Shh," he cut me off as he cooed. I calmed down slightly, but my heart was still beating frantically. "Calm down," he breathed.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered into his chest. My eyes welled, but I refused to let a tear fall.

"No, I'm sorry," he sighed. "I don't like this, Cali, I don't like being away from you, I can't stand it," he stated. I cuddled in closer to his chest.

"I can't stand it either," I replied honestly. He pulled me out of his arms as he held me at arms length.

"I came here to ask you something, I'm desperate, Cali, I don't want to be without you,"

"What is it?" My heart started be sing frantically.

"I need you to be my girlfriend, I need to know you're mine, officially mine," he said. His eyes pleaded with mine, it was as if his piercing blue eyes held a fight against my own. They were begging, fighting for the right answer. I lost.

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend," I let out. Kyle beamed in my direction. He cupped my cheek passionately.

"I don't know what this is, but I don't ever want to argue with you again, even for a minute," he stated and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Never," I breathed. He smiled before taking me into his arms again.

"I was a dick, I acted stupidly. I do trust you, I promise you, I really do, more than anyone,"

"I believe you," and I did. I was being stupid before, of course I knew he trusted me. I don't know why I had to test him.

"I really want this to work," he stated truthfully. I didn't want anything more. This relationship had come like a freight train, almost knocking me over on the way past, but I welcomed it more than anything. It gave me Kyle, and right now I knew I had the strongest feelings for him. "Am I safe? Are we safe?"

"We're safe," I replied as I looked up into his eyes. "I'm lost in you," I love you.

"My love," was his breathly reply as he gazed into my eyes. His eyes were full of emotions I had never seen before. They were so raw, so natural, and totally for me. My heart fluttered at the thought.

"What are you guys doing out here?" Tammy suddenly came out in her work clothes. I spun around.

"Nothing," was my reply. Tammy arched her perfectly dark brow at the two of us. She was worse than my father.

"Was it him who made you cry earlier on?" She asked. My cheeks flushed with embarrassment as I gave her a glare.

Kyle spun me back around as he took a long hard look at my face.

"You were crying?" He whispered.

"She was," Tammy let out. I didn't know how she could hear him, I'm sure he said that for only the two of us to hear.

"Oh God, I didn't mean to make you cry, if I had known I would have made it better," he explained as the frown line made it's way to his eyebrows.

"You can make it better now," Tammy interjected. Kyle took a look at her and luckily, Tammy decided to go back inside without uttering another word.

"I don't like the feeling in my chest I get when I know you've been upset. I don't like this feeling," he held a hand to his chest. I put my hand on top of his.

"It's over with," I replied truthfully. He nodded his head in agreement. He gave me a quick peck on the lips, I savoured it. I sighed in content.

"You're not getting more than a peck on the lips, pretty girl," Kyle smirked with humour. I rolled my eyes.

"Dick head," was my reply. He laughed in response.

"I don't know whether I love that name or not,"

"Why would you love that name?" I asked incredulously as I looked at him weirdly. His eye brow arched as his lips began to form into another smirk.

"I don't know, you've said it so many times I guess I just pretend you call me handsome or something," he replied. I slapped his chest lightly as I tutted and shook my head. Kyle laughed again.

His laugh made my insides melt, and I'm sure my heart melted too.

"I'll have to think of another name," I replied. Kyle continued to smile. He looked so boyish and innocent, and I loved his playful mood.

"Before I forget, I've persuaded the school to hold events for Bill and Mary, as soon as I know I'll give you the dates," he stated. I nodded my head but pouted anyway. "What's the matter?"

"I wanted to help," I replied. Kyle flung his arm around my shoulders.

"You are going to help. I wouldn't even think about not doing this with you, we're a team, remember?" I nodded my head and smiled in his direction.

"I'm happy I'm doing this with you," I stated.

"Me too," was his reply. "Ever since the death of Joe, I guess I had wanted to do something for someone, so it would erase the blood from my hands," Kyle said to me as he looked to the sky. Whenever he seemed to talk about his bestfriend, he would look up. Kyle was opening up even more to me now, and I savoured that.

I couldn't understand the pain Kyle went through, and the guilt he must have felt. But I was always there with him, and I would share the pain, because I felt it whenever I knew he was torturing himself.

"You haven't got the blood on your hands, Kyle," I said quietly. I wanted him to believe that.

"You say that, Cali, but you weren't there," he breathed. "You weren't there to witness it,"

"I don't care whether I was there or not. I'm here now, and I always will be, so you best start believing it, or you won't here the end of it," I replied truthfully. It had to start with him believing it himself. It wasn't enough for me to just believe it wasn't him who killed his bestfriend.

He was amazingly good at keeping his emotions hidden. But, I believe I could help him. I wanted him to tell me, I wanted to see those emotions he hid.

"I know you want to help me believe it, but it's just so hard," he sighed. "It seems as if I can't do it,"

"You can do anything," I stated.

"Only because you're here," he said. "But it'll take time,"

"Of course, you have all the time in the world, I just want you to be happy," I said truthfully. I needed him to be happy.

"I'm always happy with you,"

"With me, but are you happy with the past?"

"Are you?" He shot back. I sighed.

"No, but I'm trying," I replied honestly.

"Likewise," he said. He pulled me into his arms again, almost as if he needed me. He needed me to be there when he felt down like this. He held me tightly, as if he didn't want me to blow away.

"I need you, Cali, I really do,"

"I know," I breathed as my heart flipped. The words I needed to say were on the tip of my tongue. I couldn't say them yet, but I just couldn't help myself. "I love you," I rushed out.

I felt his body shudder, as a silent tremor made it's way through his body, and it was so strong it shook me too.

----------------------------------/

Here you go:))) hope you enjoyed it!!

Sorry for ending it on a little cliff hanger, but you know I love you :))x