-Chapter 35: Well hello-

Y/N's P.O.V

As I rushed out the house to go to my work, I realized the streets were empty. Not like, only one or two people walking around empty. More like, far west empty. Like the setting before a duel. That's how empty it was. 

The shops were closed, the streets were empty and I felt uneasy. As I walked to the center of town I saw some people passing me. I stopped one person who didn't want to be stopped and asked him where everyone was going? 

He didn't answer but rather shoved me aside and made his merry way to the place everyone was going. I was late to work, if I'd check what was happening, I'd come super late. Not that it would matter, Washington was very forgiving. A little too forgiving. That would be his doom.

"Hey!" 

I screamed as loud as I could and was about to hit whatever wanted to interact with me without a simple warning. I swung my hand across someone's face and backed away. Only to see that I just smacked Alexander in the face. He was wearing a green suit and I found it rather unusual to see him without a soldier's uniform, but I could get used to it.

"MY GOD! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!" I yelled as Alexander sulked away, rubbing his cheek. "Sorry..." Alexander whined as he recomposed himself and tried it again. "It's so good to see you Y/N." He told me with a smile. I smiled back since it was awhile ago since I last saw him. We did see each other briefly at work when he got promoted to be the right hand man of Washington and secretary of treasury. Again.

"How have you been?" He asked. "Oh, you know being the secretary of the president. Running Hercules's tailor shop. It's been pretty normal." I answered shrugging. "You?" I re-asked his question. "Oh, you know being secretary of treasury. Being with Eliza and Philip. It's been pretty normal." He said mimicking my dialogue, changing a few things in the context.

He was late too, so he must know something about what's happening around town. "Yo, do you know why everyone is acting so...Unusual?" I asked as he looked at me. "You mean crazy?" He asked as I chuckled. "Took the words right out of my mouth." I chuckled. 

"Thomas Jefferson came back from France a few weeks ago. He's now coming to NYC." Alexander clarified. "Oh... . . . Who's Thomas Jefferson?" I asked as Alexander looked at be a bit weird.  

"He's this guy from Virginia, he went to France while the war began. He only returned after the war had ended and now he's coming to New York to become the secretary of estate." Alexander briefly explained. He had this tone, a forced smile tone. 

"...You don't like him-"

"I never said that." Alexander interrupted. "You sound like it." I said. "We're here!" Alexander said to break the conversation and rushed inside. "Wait!" But before I could stop him, he was already gone. 

Thomas...Jefferson...

With that name in my mind, I stepped inside. People were rushing all over the place as I made my way to my office. It was next to Washington's. As soon as I grabbed my keys to open my door, Washington stopped me. 

"Y/N, I need you to meet Mister Jefferson." He told me as I looked at him. "Yes sir. if I may ask, Why?" I asked as I put the key back in my pocket. "You see, he's coming here to work. You and him will probably work with each other." He said as he walked to the main room. I followed.

As we entered, I saw Alexander and some other staff I knew, were all gathered in that room. I stood close to Washington and when Alexander came, I stood close to him. Then the doors swung open with a grand motion and someone with a cane around his twenties waltzed in. 

He had a magenta suit and curly uncombed dark brown hair. He had dark brown eyes and a black beard.

Everyone applauded, except for Alexander and I. I didn't know what he had done in his life, I couldn't judge him for good or bad so I remained silent. Alexander just didn't like having competition for his dad. Daddy issues. That's what he has.

"Mister Jefferson, welcome home!" Washington said as he went to shake Mr Jefferson's hand. But Alexander felt threatened and pushed Washington aside to shake Jefferson's hand. "Mister Jefferson! Alexander Hamilton." He introduced himself while he squeezed Jefferson's caramel colored hand until it turned white.

Jefferson kept a straight face as he forced a smile on his face. "Nice to meet you." He forced himself to say as Alexander forced a smile as well. "Like wise." Alexander said as they let go of each other's hand. 

Then he looked at me.

"Thomas Jefferson." He said as he put on foot behind him and made a little bow. I gave my hand but instead of shaking it, he placed a kiss on my hand. "Y/N L/N. Pleasure to meet you." I smiled softly. "Pleasure's all mine." He answered softly. 

After a lot of conversations in the room, everyone finally began to go back to their work areas. So did I. I had some papers to go through. I also had to go through the subjects of coming cabinet meetings. One of them was Alexander's plan to assume state debt and establish a national bank. As I was going through the papers, someone knocked on my door.

Thinking it was either someone who was coming to give me more papers or Washington to tell me to do a better job at...My job, I said they could come in. I was not expecting to see mister Jefferson come in. 

"Oh, hey!" I said as I looked up from my work. "Hey darlin' " He said in his Virginian accent. "Just came to check what you're doing since, you didn't mention it when we were talking." He said as he took a chair and sat down next to me. "Yeah, I should've done that." I chuckled. 

But then again, who the F is this hairy kiwi, telling me what to do?

Jefferson looked at my work, reading the title of the paper. "Ah, is that Hamilton's plan for state debt?" He asked as I looked at the papers. "Yeah, my job is to look at the papers and if the plan had enough votes to go through to the eventual cabinet meeting." I told him. "But I also do other stuff like organize the meetings themselves, pre-read everything Washington has to sign. That kind of stuff." I told him.

"Sounds kinda-"

"Boring?" I filled in as he smiled. "Bluntly put, yeah?" He chuckled as I laughed along. "I know, someone has to do it. Without me, there wouldn't be any meeting, no state, no money, no nothing." I said. "True, true." He said as we both chuckled.

"Your husband, mister L/N, must be very lucky with a girl like you." He tossed in while we were laughing. "Actually, I'm not married." I smiled as he looked at me, both eyebrows raised. "You're joking right? How are you not taken?" He asked as I shrugged. "I'm just too hot to handle." I joked. 

"Well, would you mind if you could show me around town? Ya know, I just came here and I couldn't even find my way here without James helping me." He said. Assuming that was James Madison, the one with one foot in the grave and in denial, I nodded. "Sure, just come around the tailor shop in town. Just ask around for Y/N L/N and you'll find me. 

"You own a tailor shop?" He asked. "I inherited it from my friend who died in the revolution..." I trailed of. "You joined the revolution?" He asked as he became more and more interested in my personal life. "Accidentally." I answered.

After some other conversations we threw in, he packed up his stuff and went to his own desk. I continued doing my work, until Hercules appeared in front of me. "You know he just asked you on a date right?" He asked as I stayed silent for like 10 seconds and then yelled:

"WAIT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

======================================================

You can guess who's birthday it is. ...No not from the cast or original or me. MY FRIEND!!!!

YAY!!!

Okay bye!

from your probably not favorite author

Amberiso