"Peter Quill is your half-brother." Loki states after hearing about Aurora's horrible past. The God of Mischief would never admit how the fear has infected him too, his concern about the girl grows with each second. Nodding, Aurora continues to cry as Loki squeezes her arm softly, craving for an embrace and to never let her go. "How did you escape?"

"Mantis, Ego's slave... she felt so bad and helped me before Ego could absorb enough energy to put his plan into practice. Mantis saved my life and told me I had to break the connection to the light, otherwise Ego would always find me, so I... I..."

"You erased your memories." He finishes her sentence. Aurora nods agreeing.

"This was the only way. The only solution." She realizes that there's no other way, the girl cannot run away from her destiny, not anymore. Losing the memories again is something she refuses to do, not now when Aurora has found Loki. She can't bare the thought of forgetting him.

"Our survival requires a plan."

"Not ours. Just mine." Aurora corrects him and she takes his hand with a sad smile. "This is my problem, I won't put your life at risk. And I can't run away anymore."

Loki frowns, not understanding what she intends to say. "What do you mean?"

"I'll face Ego alone, or better, I'll find Peter Quill and warn him. He must be somewhere in the galaxy and maybe he will help me to stop Ego. You stay here with Thor and defeat Malekith, I can't stay on this planet any longer or else Ego will find me."

Loki's heart feels heavy in his chest, "What? No, Aurora, this is beyond madness, it is suicide. Don't be ridiculous. We can find another way to solve this conflict- "

"We don't have the time!" Aurora cuts him off and it tears her heart apart. Why does she have to remember now? Now when she finally found someone who's more important than her life. "Ego can arrive here any second and I refuse to forget you, Loki! I'm done with not knowing who I am, I just can't- I can't forget everything again! I rather save the people that are important to me with my memories than forget who they are and only save myself."

Loki's hands are tightly around her arms, holding her with a firm grip as if she could disappear any minute. "I'm not going to let you do this, you will not sacrifice your life, not when I can stop it!"

"I-I'm sorry." Tears sting in her blue eyes and another sob overcomes her. She doesn't want to leave him, but she has no choice if she wants him to be safe. "But this is goodbye."

"No!" The God of Mischief roars in frustration, he has never felt so useless. He already lost his mother, even himself, but not her. He cannot lose his light. Engulfing her in his arms, Loki embraces her tightly, almost scared he could crush her. "You're not doing this, do you hear me?! You will not!"

Burying her face in his chest, the tears wet his leather and Aurora's heart shatters in a million pieces. She hates how she's the reason for his pain, all she ever wanted was his happiness and safety. Suddenly, Loki pulls back and she looks up at him.

"There is another way."

"What?"

"You have to erase your memories again while I am to find Peter Quill. You stay here and remain in safety. I'll not expose you to danger." There's an odd determination in his words and it doesn't sound like a suggestion.

"What?! No, I just told you I don't want to forget you and if Ego finds out that you're scheming against him, he'll kill you instantly like he killed my mother! And if you're dead, I won't even remember you, Loki, I won't know that you're dead and I'm not gonna take that risk!" She protests but suddenly his hands move to her temples. "Loki, I said no! What are you doing?!"

"I'm going to erase your memories." An emerald light surrounds her and she starts to struggle, beating him but he endures her fists. "It is for your best, Aurora, and will only be a temporary goodbye. I'll come back to you, you have my word."

"No, Loki, don't do this! Stop!" Aurora pushes him against the wall of the alley but his hands still remain on her temples, the green color starts lurking in her view. Her memories slowly drown in blackness and her whole face is covered in tears, she stares stunned at Loki. She's so scared to lose him. Even more scared of not remembering losing him.

"Please, please, don't do this, I'm begging you, please!" Her body is wrecked by sobs and fear. "There's still so much that I need to tell you, I haven't even told you that I lo- "

Aurora's body snaps to unconsciousness and she passes out, Loki quickly catching her. Pressing his lips against her forehead, a tear rolls down his cheek, the kiss lasting much longer than he intended but he can't resist.

"Me too."

***

Thor spots his brother with the unconscious Aurora in his arms on the staircase of Jane's blockhouse with incredible sorrow on Loki's face. Confusion and worry about the auburn-haired girl spreads on the God of Thunder's face as he sprints towards them. "What happened?"

Loki is for once glad that his brother didn't immediately blame him for Aurora's condition and his eyes are still attached to the small body in his arms. He really needs his brother now. The God of Lies tells Thor everything while the blonde is rather stunned by the new situation.

"And you are certain of your plan?" Thor asks worriedly after he heard the whole story.

"I am." Loki nods, still carrying Aurora. He can't let go. "Tell Odin I perished during the battle on Svartalfheim. He never would allow me to aid Aurora and rather let me rot in the dungeons again."

Before Thor can hesitate, Loki adds, "I've never asked you for a favor but now I really need your help, brother. Please. For her."

"You really care deeply about her, do you not?" His brother is more than glad that a part of the old Loki has awakened, the human side of him. Loki's silence is enough of an answer and Thor nods. "I'll help you and ask Stark if he can arrange something for her safety, also that she won't remember anything at all."

"Thank you." Loki hasn't spoken these words for a long time, he can barely remember. But now he's changed and neither desires the throne of Asgard nor even revenge for his mother's murder. Everything he needs is in his arms.

A/N- So how are y'all?

Happy Easter, by the way!