The Moon Fell

present day (ish). night of the snowball. (#throwbacks amma right?) anyways..

Eleven's POV

That was the night the moon fell. I kept repeating the words in my head.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
"G-girl..friend?"
"Someone that you...like."
"A friend?"
"No, not a friend. It's like..uh.."

He placed his lips on mine. I was surprised, but I liked it. It was the third time we'd done it, and I really enjoyed it. It was sweet. It reminded me of our first kiss. When we were at the school, and Dustin and Lucas were getting pudding. That was when he asked me to the Snowball. He'd said I couldn't go as his sister, I was more than that.

I was his girlfriend. Or at least he wanted me to be. I wanted to be his girlfriend.
"Um..yes." My face heated up, and his did too. Both of our cheeks turned deep shades of red.

"Why do you look like you're on fire? Wait a minute. Mike is blushing too..oooh! What did Mileven do now? What did they doooo?" Dustin taunted us, like he always does.

It was playful, so it didn't bother me. I grabbed the collar of Mike's jacket and pulled him in for another kiss. He was shocked but then he sank into it, smiling and laughing.
"Whoa! Whoa whoa, no sir! Get off of her. None of that in here. Keep it G, please." Will came over too and joined Dustin.
"Ahh! El! Be careful! You've got a Mike on your face!"

They though this was so funny. I slapped them both and went back to kissing Mike.
"You can shut up. I'm his girlfriend now." He smirked and looked down, holding my hand.

"Aww Mileven is real guys. Look at it!" Even Lucas was in on this. Max came over, and looked at our hands.
"Oh my gosh, my OTP is happening!" She was a huge Mileven shipper.
"Whoa, what about us?" Lucas faked being offended and she giggled.
"Shut up stalker." She gave him a quick kiss and we all went back to dancing.

The moon fell. It was like the world was on pause. Everything was perfect. I was with all my friends. Mike and I were official. We were all having fun, and we were all safe.