I'm So Sorry (Chapter 1)

It was time to patch things up with Chloe. The last three years were rough. L.A. wasn't worth it without Chloe. Beca Mitchell boarded her flight Georgia, finally ready to meet Chloe after breaking her heart. 

Beca remixed the track on her laptop for what felt like the billionth time. "We are approaching the city of Georgia in one hour," a voice stated over the intercom. Beca rose to use the bathroom, thinking she'd see Chloe soon. The plane shook as Beca was making her way back to her seat. "Excuse me miss, please get back to your seat, we're experiencing some turbulence," an attendant told her, as the plane suddenly lurched. Beca hurried to her seat and people started screaming. She watched out the window as the plane descended. "This is your captain speaking. The engines on the port side are failing. We are trying to make an emergency landing. The oxygen masks will drop down, if you're near someone who needs assistance, place yours on before helping others," the pilot informed over the intercom. The plane lurched. It happened so fast, although it felt as if it took forever. Beca's head hit the side of the plane and the air was forced out of her lungs. A shard of metal protruded out of Beca's side. Her hand touched it, covered in blood. Her head spun and she tried to look around, seeing some people stumble to their feet, calling for their loved ones. Some lay still. People called for help. Great. Beca thought to herself. There was nobody here for her. "Great," she mumbled. "I'm so sorry Chlo. I should've stayed with you before," Black dots swarmed Beca's vision. "I'm so sorry. I wish I'd told you I was coming. It was supposed to be a surprise. I wanted to see your face when I showed up." She wanted to survive. She needed to see Chloe. "I'm sorry," Beca mumbled, feeling colder by the second. "I'm so sorry," she whispered as she succumbed to the darkness.