Chapter 6

No ones POV:

Natsu called every single one of his servants to the main hall, just a few hours before the third night of the ball.

"Sir Natsu. Why is it that you called us here?" One servant asked.

"I need to somehow get Lucy to stay with me, and I just had an idea."

"What may that idea be?"

"I would like at least five of you to spread tar out on the steps. That way, when Lucy tries to leave, she gets stuck."

The servants looked around at each other, horrified looks on their faces.

"Don't you think that's a little brutal, Sir Natsu?"

"No. Not at all."

"But, my Liege. Do you know how much that could ruin your kingdoms reputation?" Madam Mira asked.

"At this point, I honestly don't give a shit."

"That foul language!" One of the servants gasped.

"Just do as I say and place the tar on the steps outside." And he walked away.

Outside with the servants

The servants were pulling and dragging buckets after buckets of tar. They would poor it on one section of the steps, and take a metal bar and spread it around.

They repeated these steps until all thirty steps were covered.

By the time they were finished, they were dripping with sweat.

Natsu came out of the palace and inspected the stairway.

He gave the servants a nod of approval and went back to his room.

Sorry this chapter is short. Just wanted to add some suspense before the third night of the ball.