Chapter Ten: The Bonfire Party

Start from the beginning

I jump when I hear the pounding of someone's fists on my door. My heart picks up the pace and starts racing. I start praying as I put the laptop at side, and get down from the bed.  Who can be at the door? What is the emergency? All kinds of thoughts come in my mind.

As I'm making my way towards the door, the knocking turns into pummeling. I turn the door knob, and pull apart the door open. A great force opens the door and someone throws their arms around me.

I'm about to panic when the familiar strawberry scent hits my nose, and I quickly suppress the threatening scream."Ellie! Hey!"

"Don't you dare hey me!" She pulls apart.

I ignore her as she moves aside and my eyes lock with Aayan. Tearing my gaze from his' mesmerizing eyes, I spot Chace next to him. Both of them standing leaned against the wall.

Chace smiles."Glad you're okay!"

Frowning, I say."When was I sick?"

"Seriously?" Aayan shoots me an annoyed look.

"Nobody asked you, genius!"  I snap back.

Suddenly, I'm pushed at the side and send colliding into the doorframe by Ellie.

"You locked yourself in that room," She points at the room."Never once came out. You got us worried! Had you had any idea how stupid, illogical and irrational was it from our side? All you...." She's cut off by Chace.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey!" He presses her shoulders. "You can sort this out quietly and privately in the room." He kisses her forehead.

I, immediately, look at Aayan who looks as surprised as me. He smirks at me, and I bite my lip restraining myself from smiling. I feel like invading their personal bubble or whatever is going on between them.

"I'll see you tonight!" Aayan says as he waves his hand at me, and just like that he's gone - leaving me with my eyebrows furrowed in a deep frown.

Tonight?

"I should go, too!" With a wave, Chace is gone too.

Ellie wraps her long, delicate fingers around my wrist, and pushes me in the room. Shutting the door behind her, she runs her hand through her curly brown hair. She pulls out a hair band from her pocket and ties her hair in a high rough ponytail. Finally, she casts me a look."Well?"

"What well?" I'm still confused at what just happened. Why were Chace and Aayan at my door? What is Ellie doing in here?

"Look," She sighs."I know that you and Fadiya had a row, but, you can't let this destroy your time in here. I mean not every day you get to come in Brazil. For goodness sake, just let it go!" 

I plop on the bed. "Ellie, she is my best friend!"

"Maahirah," She sits next to me."I know she's, but, can't you just show her that you're okay without her. I know this is the meanest thing to say but you've got to move on, Maahirah!"

I smile."I'm not sure if that's the reason!"

She blinks."Then, what is the reason for your shunning against this world?"

I laugh. "Shunning? Really?"

She shrugs.

"I felt like I needed some time to myself!" I lie smoothly.

She gives me the hard stare." Anyways, Fadiya and the trio just checked out of the hotel few minutes ago."

I sigh. "Okay!"

"I wish we can take revenge from Fadiya!"

"No, I'm pretty sure Fadiya has her reasons!"

"What can be the reason for breaking off the relationship with her best friend, and being friends with the trio. All I know, it will be the foulest reason in the entire planet!"