25.5 - THE JOURNEY

(NARRATION)

"...Finn..."

Your voice resonated from the pit of the darkness. In a minute of silence, you clutched your chest to feel the rhythm of your pumping heart. The collision of pain and numbness empowered your body as well as the algid and warm atmosphere surrounding your room. The blood that lingered through your fingers continued to drip down. You slowly held your hands up next to your nose only to smell the unforgettable scent of rusty chains. There you have it, the blood from your chest staining your face when you decided to wipe your cheeks from the racing tears.

"Fuck..." you trailed off. You crawled from the ground to approach the side where you think it is safe. The vein monster suddenly went missing, completely remembering how its tongue pricked your heart. As soon as your knife touched the ground, it made a banging sound that alarmed the vein monster. Luckily, it ran away, leaving you on the ground in distress.

You diverted yourself from the bright dimension of the room. The world from your view changed when the dark bubble trapped you inside in the first place. The room was actually divided into two: light and dark.

The only thing to escape the strange world is to reach for the light dimension from the other side of the room. Although being in the dark for so long is very much dangerous.

The first dimension will absorb you until you had no chance to escape.

You have to find the exit from the light dimension as quickly as possible before the darkness gets you.

But since you're injured and you can't move as much as you think you can, one must help you find the way out of this strange world, or else you'll be stuck in its punishments for eternity.

"...help..." gripping through the veins tightly, you heard the sound of a screech from a distance. You heaved breathily, standing on the ground with your trembling legs as soon as you open your eyes to meet the dusk. You pressed your chest with your two hands to lessen up the pain. You took a deep breath then glared at the visible path from a foot away.

Feeling the anger build inside you, you laid your right foot in front of yourself then sprinted away from the intensifying noise from behind.

The pain from your chest felt numb but only in a short period of time. Luckily, you managed to shift from place to place.

The vein monster was starting to get visible from behind. It was chasing the sound of your trail, leading you to the end of the dimension.

The veins loomed in the darkness, reaching out to you. Fortunately, your figure wasn't attainable for the monster to perceive anymore.

It was so close. Super close.

The monster's shrill was inaudible already and its body was absorbed by the fading darkness.

Finishing your smile with a loud sigh, you reached the ground of the light dimension before the dark dimension abducted you. You knelt to bid goodbye from the vanishing darkness then decided to sit down with a blaring sound from your bottom before holding your chest once again.

You look at your palms to see them covered in red; your chest was afflictive.

Even if you have a lot of obstacles to finish, you let your chest bleed intractably,

And had no other chance but to leave your blood seep from your cuts instead.

❇ ️❇ ️❇️

"For the nth time Ice King, we didn't call you to hang out with ladies. We called you because—"

"You want me to save the world? Ooh, that's great! I'm going to prove to Bubblegum that I'm way stronger than you, Finn! Ha! Ha!"