23 - MEMORABLE ESCAPADES

Behind the ominous clouds of Takara, a sun finally rose to its full potential. Everyone in the lifeless kingdom scampered before the sun; every Outsider watched the men board the ship that they constructed years ago, during their colonization with the island where they were flushed away. 

After burning the well-known Fate Witch alive, in front of all the slaves that they gathered to watch her flaccid figure tied in a post surrounded by fire; the other army of Outsiders decided to prepare themselves and their ship for an expedition to the Land Of Ooo. King Zankoku stood before them, making the slaves bow from his presence and watch his men board the ship with great elation.

The ship was surrounded by machinery. Now that it was freed from the ropes, all of the Outsiders staying in the ship waved their hands' goodbye. They hollered, cheered, and chanted in triumph until it reached the blue horizon between the sky and sea.

"To the Land of Ooo!" Hirohito exclaimed. He had pitch-black streaks with dark brown strands that were perfectly gelled sideways. Since he navigates their way to their destination, Neil, his assistant leader who was there by his side, guided their leader for whatever the sea would bring. 

Even if his assistant wastes his time scrutinizing the flowing water, they still cannot bypass its possible traps without the Fate Witch's consent to allow them to venture into the wilderness. 

❇ ❇ ❇

Meanwhile in the Land of Ooo...

During the commotion in your hometown, Finn and you ended up in the dungeon to master your fighting skills. After hearing what Jake told you about Finn's heartbreaking issues, you soon realized that bonding with Finn again will make you execute your plan as well. Maybe wasting your time on such a good opportunity will lessen up your tangled mind. 

The dungeon where Finn tugged you along to his favorite place where Jake and he usually hunt treasures, (Coincidentally, it is where Flame Princess and Finn had their first soft bond in the adventure) is located somewhere around the forest, far from the grasslands but somehow near the Candy Kingdom. The dungeon is said to be the cave of magical goblins who poof gold trinkets as their death dust. They breathe fire and move around a lot so it wasn't what you expected that they'll be easy to outnumber and defeated. 

Of course, skeletons will always be part of the cave, including traps, buttons, passageways, and monsters. You and Finn did a pretty good job dealing with it. Most of the dungeon grounds were completed. The only thing to finish the last level before finding the exit is to find the heart of the Goblin King that was kept inside a goblet hidden somewhere around the cave.  

"Look, it's the last tunnel. The heart must be there!" you gestured to a possible tunnel that can be only seen with your very own eyes as you tap Finn's shoulder to catch his attention. He was not speaking nor following you. He looked at you with a huge gape upon his face by the time you paused to see him. He didn't budge when you waved your hands in front of him not until you decided to rock hun back and forth.

"Earth to Finn. Hello!" 

He repeatedly blinked two times after waving his hands in front of him. 

You snorted, "What's gotten into you?" 

"You're g-glowing."

...

"Glowing...?" you crossed your arms confusingly with matching cocky eyebrows. Finn remained silent, watching you rose your eyebrow.

"We should probably head home and rest. You're exhausted," you snickered.