21 - SAFE AND SOUND

After you fainted during your trip back home, Finn carried you towards the Candy Kingdom's hospital where you gained your energy. Everyone was startled and worried to see you sick in Finn's arms. After all, you wasted your energy from a battle against Finn since Lich controlled you.

Besides remembering nothing, you thought it was all just a dream. Even though you drifted from a long sleep throughout your journey, you still remembered the kiss Finn and you shared.

To say the least, your day was mostly filled with scattered thoughts and frequent staring at the ceiling of the kingdom's infirmary.

You rubbed your forehead in frustration, sliding the blanket off of you to reduce the heat. Your fingertips touched sloppy hair, almost kicking the cloth off your body from an unexpected visitor. Carefully, you tried not to disturb his sleep as you sat up straight to watch him. You soon realized that the familiar blonde locks looked like Finn's. 

The person you shared your first kiss with. 

"Why?" you sighed, imagining that dreamy glow that surrounded your way like some kind of a movie scene. Of course, you didn't know what happened but if Finn kissed you, was it for the sake of something else?

Or did he really mean it? 

"Y/n?" His voice lured your ears, snapping you back to reality after being carried away by your imagination. It sure is hard to forget what made you flabbergasted especially waking up with a mind full of those fantasizing.

"How are you?"

"I don't know." you brushed your gaze away from him, hiding the pink blemishes across the bridge of your nose. You didn't know what to do, except, listening to the deafening silence between the both of you. 

"I feel like shit. I don't remember anything." you broke the silence that you hated so much, forcing yourself to have eye contact with him.

"Well, after Lich controlled you," he scoots next to the hospital bed while dragging his seat, "you were really out of character, and the only thing to break the curse is to—"

"Kiss me..." Finn hummed, "To save everyone, including you." you softened your gaze at him and realized how he did everything just to save you from being completely controlled. Since you heard what this is all about and what the kiss meant, it didn't worry you a lot or intimidate you more.

"Sorry."

"For what?"

"For putting you in trouble. I can almost imagine how it hurt you so much. But, thank you, Finn. You saved me again."

"You're welcome." he smiled at you as you feel your face turn red again while you responded to a simple, small curve that formed on your lips.

I promise to repay you after all you did to me. 

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited