Perfect Nightmare

'Honey, I don't know how to tell you this' My mother shifted awkwardly then looked at my father, who was stood at the other side of the room, looking at anything but me.'Me and your father are breaking up'.

I froze, I mean how are you supposed to reply when you get this news. I just stand there staring at my mum.

She looks at my dad nervously but he has nothing to say.

'Tamzin, we were arguing everyday, this had to happen. We both love you.' My mum tries to comfort me, but I can't move.

The walls start moving around me and getting duller. Last thing I know I'm on the floor with my concerned parents above me.

I wake up later in the day with my mum sat next to me.

'Where's dad?' I whisper, scared my voice will crack.

'You don't need to know at the moment honey, why don't you go back to sleep?' She asked, playing with my hair.

Normal me would protest and find out where my dad is but I was far too tired and fell back asleep almost immediatly.

As I slept the sound of my parents arguing met me in my dreams. They argued about everything, money, work, friends. Me.

I woke up to the door slamming and quiet sobbing down stairs.

As I creep down I find my mum on the sofa, head cupped in her hands.

'mum...' I whisper.

She immediatly looks up and wipes her eyes.

'He left', was all she said.

Funny how one thing you hear about a person can change your entire view of them.

My own father left, didn't say goodbye to either one of us. He's gone.

I hugged my sobbing mother, as if I was her parent and soothed her.

'Tamzin, there's something else...'

I was confused, what else did he do? I mean what else would she bring up in a time like this.

'What?...' 

'Im pregnant' she cried.