Chapter 40

Jacks POV

I get off the phone with Renée and plug it into the charger.

"Go to bed man!" Jack grumbles.

"Shut up!" Matt growls. I roll my eyes and slip under the covers.

I miss Renée, I miss her smile and the way her eyes light up when she's happy or smiling. I miss her laugh and her smell. I miss the way she flounces around and just carries herself. Most of all I miss her in my arms at night, I feel so lonely. I think about her till my eyelids grow heavy.

**next morning**

I'm rudely awakened by Jack falling on top of me.

"Duse what the hell?!" I throw him off of me.

"Sorry man. I got light headed and fell." he holds his head as I lay back down. I grab my phone off the drawer and send Renée a good morning text.

I set my phone back down and get up to take a shower. When I come back Taylor's laying on my bed playing with my phone..

"Uhm, no!" I snatch my phone away to see what he's doing, why's he looking through mine and Sam's messages? I give him the eye and get dressed into some khaki jeans, a button down shirt, and my black Vans.

"Bart's waiting... leggo!" Jack snaps to us, we trudge out the room to the conference room.

While Bart is lecturing us I can't help but wonder why Taylor was on my phone reading my messages. What does he know? This is a little bit scary.

"Jack, hello are you home?" Jack nudges me.

"What?" I rub the back of my head.

"Are you ok with our table order? and singing our song?" He asks impatiently.

"Yeah whatever." I stare out the window. The meeting goes on then we're dismissed.

"Man what's up with you?" Jack asks walking up b behind me with Matt.

"Nothing," I sigh.

"Warning! Warning! Bullshit!!!" Jack cups his hands over his mouth and calls out.

"Dude, shut up!" I turn around and jab my finger at his chest.

"Woah man, we just wanna know what's up!" Matt steps up.

"Taylor's been looking through mine and Sam's messages, earlier this morning." I then around keep walking.

"Why?" Matt asks.

"The hell do I know!" I throw my hands up.

"Weird. Are they ok?" Jack asks knowing what's been up.

"I don't know Renée hasn't texted back all day! I'm getting worried!" I stop waking and lean against the wall.

"Call them." Jack says.

"I guess so." I whip out my phone and call Renée. It rings but didn't pick up, I hear her sweet voice telling to leave a message. I get frustrated and hang up then I call Sam, no answer... Weird.

"Bro, no answer!" I look at the his concerned.

"Call Mack, Cam, EJ, or the home." Jack suggests. I'll call Mack and the home, screw the others.

Yet again no answer from either so I try Renée again. No answer! This is getting scary!! What if Spencer came back? I need to get to them!!

"You can't leave!!" Jack stares at me.

"What if it's Spencer!" I growl.

"You're forgetting that it's 10. And you know Renée sleeps as long as possible! She'll call when she gets the message."

"You're right, let's go find Taylor and ask some questions!!" I frown.

"No, we're going to the room!" Matt grabs me and pulls me to our room.

Something's going on and I feel it. If Spencer came back why wouldn't they tell me? Probably because they knew I'd come home and they don't want me to leave Magcon. I don't blame them at all.. But still I rather know what's going on and be up here helpless. Than not knowing whats going on and they could be hurt! I hate this. I need to get to them, I'll call Nick!

"Jack? Where are you going?" Matt asks as I stand up.

"Bathroom!" I give him a questioning lookmm

"Oh. Sorry," he shyly smiles. I muffle a laugh and walk into the bathroom to call Nick.

"Hello?" his voice is groggy, probably woke him up.

"Nick, I don't have much time and I can't talk loud... hold up," I turn on the shower so they can't hear me talking.

"What's up Jack?" he says more awake.

"How's Renée? She won't answer my calls or texts and I'm worried!"

"Have you called the home or boys?"

"Yeah of course and there was no answer."

"Well considering you just woke me up they're probably sleeping. But if you called they'd hear it and be woken up. Our home phone is really loud, this is strange tho." Nick calmly says.

"How can you be so chill? I'm freaking out!" I begin to pace.

"Bruh, I'm clam because I'm not fully awake to register what's going on."

"Right, what if it's Spencer!?" I blurt. All the noise on the other end goes silent.

"What'd you mean, what if it's Spencer?" Nick repeats slowly.

"You know what I mean, what if he came back and got them. I mean I would too if my best friend kicked me out when I claim, 'we were only having fun'. I don't even know if they've gotten released from the hospital!" I begin to panic.

"Jack. Calm tf down! You're thinking worse case scenario. Let's just think ok, their phones died. Or they're out of reach. They went for breakfast and haven't checked their phones because they're all together. They're all probably still sleeping. Or they went for a swim in the backyard. I dont think there's anything to worry about!" Nick says, he's been awfully cool about this.. now I know some things up. And he's hiding it from me!

"If you're not telling me something and I find out....." I threaten him.

"Jack, I'd tell you right away if I knew Renée was in dager and you were away. I trust you the most with her and she's my baby sister. Like I'm gonna leave her with a bunch of buttheads and not tell you if anything bad is gonna happen!" Nick says, calming me a bit.

"You're right! I gotta go now, keep me updated!" I sigh.

"Same to ya brotha," and with that we hang up. I run my head under the shower water and turn it off.

"Man this is heavy!" I slip my phone in my back pocket and I walk back into the room running my hands through my hair.

"Nice shower?" Jack smirks.

"Shut up!" I growl laying on the bed checking the quickest and earliest flights to Omaha.