Chapter 5

Tails explained everything that had happened in the short amount of time. How the demons rain down upon them. How everyone evacuated except for him. He stayed behind to protect his lab, foolish as it sounds. "Why, though? You could have gotten yourself killed." Shadow said. Tails' head hangs down as he nods shamefully. "I know but it's a really good reason." He turns around and walks over to a fallen over cabinet. He tries to open it but fails the first time. He plants his foot up against the other door and finally pulled it open with a pop.

He disappears into it, sounds of scraping metal and plastic echoing from it. After a couple of minutes, he reappears with a black, pulsing stone within his hands. The stone was at least half his height. Shadow's eyes widen at the sight of the stone. "Where did you get that?" He asked, his voice cold. A shiver travels down Tails' spine as he looks from the stone in his hands to Shadow. "I-It was just in the woods. I was looking for resources when I came across it."

Shadow quickly grabs the stone from the kid's hands, studying it intently before nodding to himself. "This... This stone is known as Black Orlov. It is a soulstone that demons use." Sonic walks forward. "I'm sorry, but what does Orlov mean?" Shadow's face became grim as he looked straight at the stone. "In full English, it means Black Depth." Sonic tilts his head to one side. "Why?" Shadow looks back at Tails. "You better be glad you didn't have this stone in your hands for too long. It's known to make people commit suicide." This caused everyone to tense up. "Wait, suicide?" Amy exclaimed.

Shadow nods. "Yes. Many people a long time ago killed themselves when they had this stone in their possession. Of course, it doesn't affect someone like me. It's best if I keep it for now." The stone vanishes with a blue flash. Alannah steps forward and wraps an arm around Tails' shoulders. "Come on. We should probably get out of here." Tails nods as the group walked out of the basement and were soon back in the streets. The demon wolf happily padded beside them, his forked tongue dangling from his jaws.

Fleetway looks down at the pup and smirks. But the smirk soon disappeared as his eyes focused on two lumps forming on the back of the pup. He nudges Abaddon and points towards the pup. Abaddon's eyes narrow as well. He glances at Fleetway and then nods. Sonic looks around the suburb and sighs sadly. The place went to Hell real quick and Sonic was already missing the bright sky. Shadow notices. "Sucks, doesn't it?" Sonic looks up at Shadow.

"To see the world become this way. Knowing that you were too late to stop it. I know that feeling. It's happened to me too many times. You're not alone." Sonic looks down at the ground before nodding. "Will the world ever be saved?" Shadow nods. "Though it will take centuries for the world to regain it's previous beauty." Sonic's shoulder sagged slightly. "As long as the world is saved, that's all I care about." Shadow glances down at Sonic before pulling in front of him.

Sonic, surprisingly, gladly took the silence. All of this happened too quickly. At least he got forewarning of it but now... he's practically useless. Everyone who doesn't have out of the world powers is useless. Amy and Tails soon flank him. "You okay, Sonic?" Tails asked. Sonic nods, picking his head up. "Yeah. It's just really crazy how all of this happened so quickly." Amy nods. "Yeah, we're all feeling like that right now." Silence falls between them.

"I hope the others are okay." Amy said quietly. Sonic and Tails nod. "I'm pretty sure they are, Ames. They're strong, just like us. We'll find them or they'll find us. There's no need to worry." Sonic said, putting on his best smile. A sudden draft of wind sent Amy shivering. She crosses her arms and starts rubbing them up and down for heat. "I know but I can't help but feel worried."

"M'lord, the Horsemen have been awoken." The dark orange and black demon looked over his shoulder and at the lesser demon behind him. "Hmph. Where are they?" The lesser demon stalks forward before placing down a round device. He taps it two times before an image popped up. It showed the Four Horsemen, along with Death's wife and three smaller mobians. The greater demon smirks, his face stretching with the action. "They are currently in the suburbs right outside of the main city."

The greater demon nods. "Good. Now, go send word to my general that we have a plan of action." The lesser demon bows deeply. "Yes, m'lord." The lesser demon then quickly walks out of the room. The greater demon continued staring at Death, the rage within him growing ever stronger. Then insanity swiftly joined that rage as a twisted smile made the face look more distorted. "I will kill you, Death, and i'm going to savor every moment."

"After all, I know who and what Alannah is. She may be your strength but she will become your greatest weakness."

I'm sorry about the semi-crappy chapter. One, I couldn't come up with a name for the stone and two, my mind was not in it. I'm hoping that the next chapter will be better. Well, see you guys later. Bye-bye!