Chapter 3

Shadow grabbed Sonic and Amy's arm, dragging them along with the rest of the group. The two didn't have enough time to shout as they were dragged far beyond Shadow's house and further into the forest. A dark and small cabin comes into view and Shadow runs into the house along with the rest, Alannah shutting the door as soon as everyone was in there. "Okay. What the hell is going on?" Sonic shouted. The five pant as they tried regaining their breaths. Mephiles stands up and straightens his back. "Didn't you hear Shadow? The Seventh Seal is broken! The forces of Hell and Heaven are descending upon us and they're going to blame us!"

"If this is true, why would they blame you?" Amy growled. Mephiles stops and the orange hedgehog steps forward. "You don't want to know." "Yea? And who the hell are you?" The orange hedgehog snaps. "My name is Abaddon! And you should be careful who you're speaking to, boy." Sonic scoffs. "Why's that?" "Because I am Strife, one of the Four Horsemen!" The room drops dead silent. Shadow, Mephiles, Alannah, and the yellow hedgehog were glaring at Abaddon. He looks over at them and growls. "Who fucking cares anymore! We mine-as-well tell the truth."

"And why's that?" The yellow hedgehog demanded. "Why? Like Mephiles said, the forces of both Hell and Heaven are descending upon us and they're going to blame us for it!" Shadow walks between the two and pushes them away. "That's enough." He said. He then looks over at Sonic and Amy. "A dangerous time has come. We'll answer your questions within due time. For now, you can only ask one question." Sonic shrugs. "Okay. Who the hell are you?" "As in?" "As in what are you hiding from us." He looks back at Mephiles, Abaddon, and the yellow hedgehog as he takes a deep breath.

"Mephiles is War, rider of the Red Horse. Fleetway is Fury, rider of the Black Horse. Abaddon is as you heard, Strife, rider of the White Horse." "And what are you?" Amy asked. "I'm known as Death, rider of the Pale Horse." "And what about Alannah? Why was she in the picture?" Sonic asked, bringing the picture up on Amy's phone. Alannah rolls her eyes. "I'm immortal, okay? They came across me when I was sick and injured within a demon realm." "What is the Seventh Seal? It obviously has to do with you guys." Sonic asked. "You already asked enough questions." Mephiles growled.

Amy bares her teeth as she summons her hammer. A cold look entered Mephiles eyes as a sword with the width of a pole were presented in front of him in an orange smoke. The edges shined in the dim light, illuminating the haunted, screaming faces on the surface. He picks up the sword and gets into a fighting stance with the blade drawn back a bit. "I don't think that hammer will save you." His voice was different. It was more rough but it had the same depth. A chill runs up Sonic's back as he swiftly grabbed Amy's hammer. She turns and glares at him. "Not now, Ames. Please. If they say who they are, you won't even blink and you'll be dead."

Amy's shoulders sag as her hammer disappeared. Mephiles stands up with the sword still drawn back. "War." Shadow said sternly. Mephiles grunts as the scythes disappear. "What?" "We need to save our strength for the demons and archangels. There's no need to waste it on a mortal." "Not unless they get in the way." "War." Shadow growled. "What? After all, I thought that was your motto. Kill anyone that tries to stop you. That's clearly what they're doing." Shadow doesn't say anything. He just glared at Mephiles a bit longer before turning sharply.

He starts walking to the back when something stopped him. "Weak." Mephiles said. Shadow stands still for a moment before turning around and dashing towards Mephiles. He shoulders him roughly in the chest and sent him flying across the room. He hits the wall and lands on his knees. Shadow's red eyes glowed. A blue scratch mark appeared on his chest. It looked like crystal. "I'm not weak." His voice had the slightest hint of an accent as his voice becomes more... human. It got slightly deeper and his canines were longer when he bared his teeth.

Mephiles stands up and points towards Amy and Sonic. "Prove it then." Shadow looks at them. "I swore vengeance to the forces of Hell and Heaven, never the Third Kingdom. That's our job. To keep peace between the three kingdoms." Fleetway, the yellow hedgehog, steps forward. "Death is right, War. Our job is to make sure that they don't try to kill each other. Yes, I know that centuries ago, we failed to protect the human kingdom but now we must protect the mobian kingdom." Mephiles looks between the two before grunting.

"So be it." He leans against the wall with his arms crossed. Fleetway sighs as he walks over to Sonic and Amy. "Look, for now, you'll stay with us so that we can protect you back to your friends." "What!" Mephiles exclaimed. "Fleetway has a good idea. But first, we need to change." Abaddon said. Alannah came running downstairs with four cloths. She was wearing black clothing with white and red markings. She was taller as well. 3'3 to 5'5. "Best to change now. I brought your guys' clothes." She unwraps one of them to reveal a pale blue and white mask that had orange, glowing eyes.

Two scythes accompanied it, razor sharp edges poking the cloth and haunted faces screamed on it. Black boots with gloves and pants laid on top of a black feather cloak that shined. Shadow's eyes sparkled as he grab the mask and runs a thumb over it. A smile slowly appeared on his face. "It's time."