( IX. ) : VISITING HISTORY

Magsimula sa umpisa

Sliding to the next page, I felt my phone vibrate on my lap. It vibrated again and once more when I picked it up to unlock the screen, and there were three unread messages waiting to be opened.

(1) From: Shortstuff lol

i don’t know if calum told you already, but will’s party’s going to be at my backyard so enter through the back c: AND WEAR SOMETHING PRESENTABLE NOT THOSE SHIRTS WITH HOLES IN IT

I chuckled shortly and shook my head at the text, replying after.

To: Shortstuff lol

Not all of my shirts have holes in it y’know !! Cut me some slack man :(

Then, I looked at the rest of my text messages.

(1) From: Luke

Michael getting scolded: a video for blackmailing purposes lol ;-)

When I opened the file that was attached to it, it turned out to be a video. I pressed the ‘play’ button, and it revealed footage of Mau scolding Michael about getting drunk that one day. I laughed at how guilty Michael looked and how he apologized constantly; how Mau didn’t seem convinced with his pleas of forgiveness and promises. I didn’t know Michael and Luke were at Cousin’s either. I thought about visiting them for a second, but I didn’t want to leave Calum behind.

To: Luke

You are a great lad, Luke Hemmings lol

I still had one more message to look at, so I tapped on the final one.

(1) From: Bestfran Cal :D

What’cha reading?

The minute I had read the text, I quickly looked back and up behind me towards Calum’s lifeguard tier. There was hand sticking out (obvious it was Calum’s because of his bracelets and wristbands) waving at my direction. I facepalmed in embarrassment, switching my seating position by having my back facing the tier. I didn’t want him to see me flushed.

To: Bestfran Cal :D

Stop stalking me ya creep :( and go back to work !!

(1) From: Bestfran Cal :D

As a lifeguard, it is my duty to watch over the people of the beach! You are the people of the beach and therefore I must look after you at all times :)

(1) From: Bestfran Cal :D

I don’t make up the rules bubby you can even look at my handbook

To: Bestfran Cal :D

…… But I’m not going to drown or something ! I’m going to go read about dragons now GOODBYE

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  

Once Calum’s shift came to an end, we made a stop at the neighborhood market to purchase a couple of items for the house. Will Jay’s party was just in a matter of hours—and neither me nor Calum have anything prepared for it. Not even a gift for the birthday celebrant.

“Do you remember if the Elvis fish batteries were Double A, or Triple A?” I questioned, tapping my chin and scanning the different batteries hanging off the shelf.

Calum was standing right beside me, holding a basket filled with snacks and other groceries that are supposed to last us a week or two. He was looking intently at the other batteries as well, attempting to recall what type of batteries the thing needed. He took a certain one. “I think I remember my dad buying this kind of it,” he said, bringing it close to him and reading the details on it.