Going over to the bed I set beside him and put my hand in my lap as I look to the wall in front of me. "I'm going to what happened to your daughter." I inform looking over to him.

"What do you need?" he agrees hoarsely, allowing me to hear he hasn't talked in a very long time.

"A blue flower."

Crumpling his face up he allows a single tear to roll down his face before he looks down to his fisted hand. Slowly he opens it and allows me to see a small blue rose pendant on a golden chain.

"I gave it to her on her Eighth birthday." he informs slowly dropping it into my opened hand.

As soon as it falls everything from her eighth birthday on plays through my head. Not one of them really mattering until we get to her last days.

When the dark force slices her throat I gasp wanting to come out of the vision but I push on in hopes to save the lives of more children and her father.

Slowly the darkness leans down to the blood sealing our of her neck and sucks out a blue hue I identify as her essence.

Coming back I drop the rose back into the fathers hand and rise up about to leave. Before I can take a step he grabs onto my wrist surprising me.

"What did you see?" he demands letting some power into his voice.

"I'll be needing your help." I inform seriously looking him over. "You'll need to get out of this room and get your strength back if you want to live long enough to help me find the killer."

He just looks to me plainly making me tug my wrist out of his grip. I give him one last look and then shakey head with pursed lips as I open the room door.

Silently I walk past the mother and to Danes truck getting in. He says something to the mother before coming to the truck as well.

Its silent for a few moments as he gets into the truck. He pulls off and toward my house before finally saying anything. "What happened?"

Looking out of the widow ahead of us I just sit there silently not yet ready to talk about all I seen.

I hate being able to see things but it gets even worse when I have to talk about it with people.

Allowing me to have my time Dane sits silently as he drives to my house. Once we get there I rake my sunglasses frombhis cupholder and slip them onto my face before slipping out of the truck.

"Ember!" he calls just as I hear his door shut.

Pulling my keys out of my back pocket I unlock the door trying to ignore him but the closer to me he gets the harder that seems to be.

"You don't want to talk about that I understand, but I can't just leave you here alone after something like that." he states seriously as I stick the key in the lock and twist.

Keeping it there I stare down at my hand stating "I've been by myself with this for eighteen years. I think I'll be okay."

"I'm still not leaving you alone." he states deeply making me sigh as I open the door.

"My daddy will be back in a few hours."

"I'll stay with you until then." he agrees making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

"I don't need a baby sitter." I snap turning toward him.

Raising his hands in surrender he confesses "I'm not trying to baby sit you little."

Throwing my hands up in the air I exclaim "What do you want Dane, I have nothing you could want."

"I've already told you what I want little." he informs watching me closely.