Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

Before I can even reach for the handle of the passenger side door its pulled open.

Surprised I look up to see Dane standing there with a pleasant smile on his dark but handsome face.

He offers me his hand making me look to it for a second and then back at his face. "You don't want me to do that." I inform seriously hoping down from the truck.

"Why is that?" he asks curiously walking directly beside me as we make our way into the morgue.

Avoiding his flesh and mine meeting I step a few steps to the left. "You wouldn't like what I see."

Staying silent for a moment hr clears his throat asking "Is something going to happen?"

Shrugging I look to daddy wanting to know where I am supposed to go.

"Mr. Moss, Mr. and Mr. how are you men today."

"Sheila we just want to see the body's." daddy informs giving the lady a warm smile.

Looking from the middle aged woman and back to my daddy I put a question in the back of my mind.

The smiles they share are a little too big for my liking.

Sheila stands from her seat behind the desk asking us to follow her. She goes through a set of metal double doors and then punches in a code to get into another room.

"Alright Mr. Moss just let me know if you need anything."

"I reckon I will Sheila, thank ya." daddy days with a smile so big the sides of his eyes crinkle.

"You like her." I accuse when she finally leaves the room.

Daddy looks to me shocked, he opens and closes his mouth trying to form words before he finally stutters out "....ho...wha....what?"

Waving him away I close my eyes and listen to the voices knowing they are always there.

Their soft whispers grow louder and louder with each passing second that I concentrate. "Touch, touch, touch" they coax making my eyes snap open.

Going to the gurney in the middle of the four I zip the bag open just enough to touch the hand.

Taking a deep breath I just stand there a second debating on weather I want to do this or not.

"If your afraid baby girl you don't have to do this." daddy informs making me look back at him.

"I'm not afraid." I snap instantly letting them all know I am afraid, they stay silent though letting me work through my fear myself.

Dane shifts closer to me, making his large intimidating body touch me in just the slightest.

Instead of feeling fear a calmness overflows me surprising me a little. Curiously I look over and up at him to see his deep black eyes already staring at me.

Turning back to the body I stick my hand inside and grab hold of her hand. I hold my breath tightly ready to be sucked into a vision but it doesn't happen.

Confused I let go and turn to daddy. "Nothing."

"Have you don't this before?" the friend asks making me frown at him.

"Never a body." I inform with a shake of my head. "The spirit is no longer there." I mumble feeling retarded.

"How about a belonging?" daddy asks making me narrow my eye slightly at him. He nods once telling me later we will talk about this.