01

Chapter 1

"Trusting someone is you allowing them to hurt you"

allowing them to hurt you"

"Trusting someone is you allowing them to hurt you"

Maverlie

I walk leisurely down the halls of the local high school which unfortunately I attend to.

'Only for a couple more months and you're out of here' you thought to yourself in reminder

I stuff my hands into my jean jacket, my hood under giving me some kind of warmth from the harsh winds outside. The click of my combat boots makes everyone aware of my presence and I loved it.

It warns everyone around me stay the fuck away.

The hands that I stuffed into my pockets turned into fists at the thought of anyone getting remotely close to me but I unclenched them quickly knowing that I promised my little sister to try to not get angry all the time, knowing that only leads to bad situations.

The backpack that hangs from my shoulder swings as I turn to my right, but the sight in front of me makes me pause in my steps.  There is a large crowd formed in the middle of the deserted hallway around two bodies and by the grunting and cheers I can only assume that a fight is currently taking place. I role my eyes in annoyance by the idea of such idiocy and foolishness which would be hypocritical of me , knowing what I do at night.

I was about to turn around, not wanting to witness this, knowing that I've already had my share of punches and blood. But before I could, I heard a plea.

"Please let me go!!"

The voice was low but I heard it and there's no turning my back from that. I sigh in frustration but never the less I turned around and walked straight into the crowd. I didn't even have to speak for them to move because they knew from experience or not, to not stand in the way of Maverlie Bev, infamous troublemaker at Eagle Bay fucking high school.

Since I came here I've always been a loner but I learned to love it, gave me something less to worry about from the already full plate of shit I'm going through and since I'm always by myself people automatically think its okay that they could pick on me or mock me for having no friends.