2- Tangled on your Ass

I woke up to the sound of an oven fan turning on. I rolled to my side and got tangled in a blanket that was wrapped around me.

I rubbed at my eyes and sat up, untangling myself from the blanket, and walked into the kitchen. Eggs and sausage were sitting on the counter, my mom cooking bacon on the stove.

"Mornin mom." I yawned and streatched my arms over my head hearing my shoulders pop.

"Good moring Bethany. Breakfast?" my mom turned with a pan of bacon and set it on another paper plate beside the eggs.

I sat down on a black bar stool and moved some boxes out of my way to fix myself a plate.

"How did you get food?" I asked my mom nibbling on a peice of bacon. Are cars wouldn't get here until later in the week. The only automobile we had were the U-hauls.

"From the store." She replied and took her own peice of bacon.

"You drove a U-haul to the store to get breakfast food?"

My mom gave me a weird look. "Beats trying to get it through a taco bell drive thru."

There was a small moment of silence. "Tried?" I asked her.

"Damn thing is to box like to manuver through the little space." she replied instantly.

We both broke out in a fit of laughter before we ate breakfast in silence.

"Where do you want me to put the plates?" I asked my mom.

"Just throw them in the sink for now. I have to go to the store later anyway and I'll by a trashcan."

I gave her a salute and threw them in the sink from across the counter.

"Bethany Ann!" my mother scolded.

"What?" I shrugged. "You told me to throw them in the sink."

MY mom shok her head. "Well next time nicely place them in the sink. Understand?"

"Aye Aye Captin!" I responded.

My mom rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to say something else when there was a knock at the front door. "Stay." My mother told me before she walked around the corner into the front room to answer the door.

I crossed my arms. "Woof." I muttered under my breath.

I heard the door open and my mother greet somebody. "Hello." She said.

"Oh! Welcome! Robert welcome this nice lady." A womans voice.

"Welcome to the neighborhood ma'am." a mans voice.

"Oh thank you. I'm Brandy." my mom.

"Well i'm Sharrlett and this is my husband Robert. We live just across the street from ya'll." The lady.

"It's nice to meet you. Bethany! Come meet our neighboors." my mom yelled at me.

I grunted and got off the bar stool. "But I was instructed to stay." I mumbled.

"What was that dear?" my mom asked.

"Oh nothin'. Hi, my names Bethany. In case you didn't catch it."

The lady, Sharrlett, was very young looking with tan skin and natural blong hair that hung loose over her shoulders. Her eyes sparkled green and a smile hung on her lips. Her husband, Robert, was a full head taller than his wife with broad shoulders and tan skin as well. His hair was cut short and brown with blue eyes to match.

"Its so good to meet ya for real. Sorry if I gave ya a scare last night." Sharrlett told me.

"Oh no. It's okay. Just took me a little bit by surprise. Thats all."