Approval.

WEDNESDAY.

"So what you're saying is you don't think that Zeus was a fuckboy?" You laughed along with your students as they looked at you incredulously, relatively in disbelief that this was really a class discussion. "I mean think of it this way, you guys like memes, right? Ever seen the one where everyone is telling not to put his dick in it?" You posed the question as they nodded confused as to where you were taking it. "And he's basically like fuck that, I'm going to put my dick in it?" You asked again as you could pretty much see the cogs turn in their heads. "That's basically Greek gods. Everyone thought Zeus was head honcho, when in all actuality it was pretty much everyone telling him to keep it in his pants." You explained as they chimed in chorus, pens scribbling across paper in furious note taking. "It feeds into the idea that Hades was actually the good brother, sent down to rule the underworld because he was the only one who made any damn sense! Zeus was a tyrant and basically a giant baby bitch about the whole experience and couldn't be told what to do."

You settled back against the edge of your desk, your hands crossed over your stomach as a voice piped up from the back. "Zeus literally sounds like all the men I've ever met in my life." You couldn't help the laugh that left your lips as Cat spoke, a snort leaving your mouth as you clapped your hand to your lips. "Well Zeus was pretty much the worst and it's hard to say that about all men-" You tried to diffuse the tension in the air as you held back laughter. "-but I do appreciate that some may have Zeus' characteristics. But that's beside the point. We're talking about the myth that Zeus was the good guy, the protagonist. When in all actuality his brother Hades, was the kind one-" A male voice cut over your own, his tone clear as he declared. "Hades was a nerd." You nodded in agreement, pushing off the desk as you grabbed some papers from your bag.

"Very true, but it's all a matter of perspective. I want you guys to have a discussion, before you go rolling your eyes because you actually have to socialise, just listen. You must pick a side and create an argument as to why they are the better role model. You've gotta be prepared to rip the other brother to shreds. I mean fucking savage them, talk to other people in the class, build up your essays and have them in my inbox by next Thursday?" You questioned as they all nodded. "One question though, how long does this have to be?" Kenzie asked as she chewed on her lip, her eyes wide as she wrote down the assignment. "Only like one to two pages. I don't want to be reading like thirty essays on why Zeus is a dickbag. Plus, I know you guys have other classes." You heard a collective sigh of relief as you placed handouts on their desks. "I'm not a Satanist, I wouldn't give you something I don't think even I could handle." You shrugged as you headed back towards your desk. Pulling out the chair you flopped into it, your feet crossing instantly. "Does anyone have any questions?" You asked as you heard nothing back, silence falling in the usually bustling room. "I guess not then, how about you guys get a start on the discussion now? I got shit to do!" You laughed as they talked, eager choruses of Hades is nerd filling the room.

You licked over your lips, content in the fact that you weren't a complete mess this time. I deserve like four bottles of really expensive wine. Your eyes scanned over your screen, a red notification on your inbox. You tuned out the class as you clicked on the icon, a smile playing on your lips as you read the email from the Dean. Okay, maybe make that six bottles of really expensive wine. You glanced up, your eyes scanning the crowd until you found Scott, his eyes finding yours as he smiled. You gave him a half smile back, your hair falling in front of your face. He blushed slightly, giving you a half nod as he returned back to his discussion. Your cheeks burned as you stared at your screen again, your mind wandering as you thought of your plans for the night, daydreams of Chinese food and binge watching stranger things. Maybe I could get takeout? You debated as you tilted your head, unconsciously chewing on your lip. But then I can't get the bus this month. Why do they make you pay so much for college? I thought I was past all the ramen noodle bullshit. You sighed as you tuned back in, just as someone walked up to your desk. "Y/N?" You nodded, turning your attention to the brunette girl before you. "What's up Em?" You asked, unsure you had got the right name.