Rhaelith and Melianone

"Come on Melianone, can you please give it back." Rhaelith asked with irritation and a little despair. Melianone turned to look at Rhaelith with a shocked face and replied, "You called me by my real name......WHY does this rock mean so much to you?" while handing Rhaelith back her lightly yellowed rock.

She said, "I don't know, but I just feel like this is important."

Melia shrugged her muscled shoulders and stalked off to the small castle that was called home.

Rhaelith watched Melia and chuckled over the fact that they looked nothing alike, even though they were twins. Melia was short, alpha tempered, and strong. She had tanned skin all the time, trickster dark brown eyes, and an extremely quick wit. She also had a magnetic personality that was most likely inherited from their dad.

The difference between her and Melia was of mountain-like proportions. Rhaelith knew that she could never lose Melia because she is hur ishur haulf, her other half. Feeling light tears well up in her eyes, she shifted her focus to the rugged rock that she acquired just a few days prior. With a sigh, she decided that she would try to look up some information on the rock later, with their big library.

As Melia approached the castle, she turned to glance at Rhae and then sighed lightly. Her five-minute older sister was as big a dreamer as you could get. Being very light-skinned, slightly muscular, and way more friendly and considerable than she, Melia couldn't imagine being without her. Our kind always told us that she's too "kirrukro", gullible, and that she was always too kind to anyone and everyone around her.

Rhae's long dark curly hair fell over her face as she looked at the rock and Melia "froze" that moment into her memory. She knew she had teased her twin a lot and that Rhae would never try to hurt her for it. It was just the way her twin was. She was extremely harmless and very much full of emotions. Melia knew that she never had to give her twin a hug, a kiss, or even say "I love you" because they just knew. She turned around and went through the large entryway into the castle.

Later that evening, Rhae and Melia sat at the dining table to eat with their parents. Their mother, Elliana "The First Hybrid" was the first true mixture of a dragon and a basilisk. Having long blond hair, an average height, and a fighting personality is why their dad married her in the first place. Their dad's name was Azaikai, an extremely powerful Basilisk.

Rhae looked up and thought about asking everybody how their day went, but she figured that it was the same as every other day meaning that it involved weapons, training and Arphus Tui'as, which was form changing. She knew that her and Melia would not be able to shift into their Ssai'ah, a form of dragon or basilisk, but they would be able to harness their powers if they trained and worked at it.

They all sat in peace and ate their dinner. Outside the window, white lightning lit the dark sky and a loud Carrack had sounded and then everything turned pitch black.

Melia felt the uneasiness of her twin due to the slight darkness. She got up, reached her hand to touch her back, and showed her presence of reassurance. She knew Rhae thought the castle was a scary place in pure darkness. Melia then saw a flicker of fire and realized that their mom had streamed liquid gold fire into the fireplace.

As the room lit up, Melia and Rhae watched as their parents looked at each other solemnly. They had seen their parents turn and look down at the new illumination that was glowing. Wondering what they were looking down at, Melia and Rhae followed the light and looked at their own arm and both of their tattoo birthmarks glowed a bright white, showing the symbol of the basilisk and dragon. Everything was silent outside, but the silence felt like it had a deafening roar.

The fire gave off light shadows and they danced on Melia's small, petite face as she asked her parents quickly, "What's happening?"

Their father cursed and replied, "We need to gather all of the Full bloods." And as he said those words, their mother's face paled.

"But......But, that wasn't for another couple of years though..." Malia had replied and then Rhae had realized what those words had meant.

With an almost exhale-like whisper, Rhae said, "The Mark........."

Different Words :)

hur ishur haulf - means Her other Half

kirrukro - gullible

Arphus Tui'as - Form Changing

Ssai'ah - to change into either a dragon or basilisk

I'm pretty sure my grammar isn't the best, but this is my version of a different fantasy novel :)